hobo_man

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

26th July 2006

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Is it possible to conver skins and maps for "unreal tournament 2004" so that they can work on "Elite Force 1"?

Kutagh

Virus.EXE@NL ALERT!

50 XP

20th August 2006

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

well it is possible, but you need to take the time for it to recreate every texture or convert every texture. besides that, effiles doesnt support conversions (EF2-->EF1 for example) except when ya have authorisation of the authors so...... i think it is not worth the time for getting the authorisations, but when you really want it, there are some maps i liked =) also, i would quite like vehicles >=) *drools....thinks about flying in a shuttle to pwn others with phasers* i would quite like it, but dont have knowledge of either mapping or skinning or coding..... but i understand it would need a big piece of coding for only the support of using shuttles/other vehicles (remember the agro from Star Trek Nemesis? also a funny one, like 1 of the vehicles of UT2k4) and then it would use much HD space for the skins and animations, not to mention the coding to make peepz able to enter with 2 or 3 or 4 a vehicle (shuttle, 1 driver and 1 gunner at least, then maybe someone for repairings) to make a long story short: without permissions of the authors you arent allowed to, and effiles wont host it anyway as long as ya didnt try it out. if they dont give answer in a month however, i think it is suitable to do it as long as ya give proper credits to the authors. keep in mind that you must contact the proper author of player-made maps and not the author of UT2k4 since UT2k4 didnt made these maps.

hobo_man

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

26th July 2006

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Ok 1. I wouldnt post it on effiles, I would just use it for my own use. 2. Surly there some software that will do all that code changing and texture converting for me.