poofy red hair man

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

i installed ef 1 like 3 days ago and cannot get any of the mods to run, they dont even regester in the "mods" menu of ef. im trying to use the stargate and stargate egypt mods. please tell me what i can do to make them work.

[RRE]Fvillha Radaik

Praetor

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

35 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Did you install any of the Patches? What version us running 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 ???

poofy red hair man

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

i installed the 1.2 patch but on the main menu it still says 1.0

EXiT

7o'nine

50 XP

11th April 2002

0 Uploads

2,175 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Hmm.. from the sounds of it, you're trying to install maps, not mods (as Stargate Egypt is a map, and I don't think Wade released any Stargate mod for EF).

To load maps, you have to go through the "Solomatch" option and play the map there with bots, or select "Multimatch" to play online (where you can try and find a server playing the map you want).

If you just want to check out a map, there is another shortcut though you will need to open the .pk3 file you downloaded. To open pk3 files, download WinZip (if you dont have it, get the free trial version from http://www.winzip.com ) pk3 files are just zip files with a different name :) In the pk3 file, look for a file with the extension ".bsp". This is the actual map file. Remember the filename of it (for example, "ctf_voy1.bsp") Now load up EF, at the main menu open the console by pressing the "~" key (the tilde key which si on the top left of your keyboard next to the '1' key) Type the following: map ctf_voy1 (replace "ctf_voy1" with the name you got from the bsp) Press Enter and the map will load.

poofy red hair man

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th June 2004

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

that helps a huge amount.....thanks

T.Smith

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

For reference, make sure any mods you do install (like ERPG) are in your root EF directory, usually C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force. Don't put mods in your BaseEF folder like you do with maps as this can cause odd things to happen.