How would i get the humaniod.gla animation file into milkshape so i can export it as a 3ds witht he animation?
you cant make new animations i think. you gotta edit the numbers and stuff in humanoid.gla with notepad
I don't want to make a new animation.. unless i had softimage.. i want to use the animations from the humanoid.gla. how do i get animation into my skin.. is it done in milkshape or md3viewer. I need to get animation into my model. how do i do that?
i need to work that out too, i guess at some point we need to match (weight) the model to the skeleton they used, but other than that i'm lost?!
Creating a model in Milkshape isn't very easy, since you can't do everything you need to do to get the model into JKII from within Milkshape. I can however tell you the basics of "How to get a freakin Milkshape file into JKII"
1. After creating the model (in Milkshape, which I'm not going to explain), click the animate button at the bottom of the Milkshape program and change the 2 animation frame(s) inputs to 1.0. Then reclick the animate button.
2. After that, go into the "Tools"/"Quake III Arena" menu and select "Generate Control File". Save the control file with the same name as your model.
3. Then go into "File"/"Export" menu and select "Quake III Arena MD3". Save the model with the same name as the control file.
4. After you have done that, open up MD3View.exe from the JKII Editor Tools Package Thing and open up your MD3 file.
5. You will most likely get a few error messages that repeat for a bit. Then go into the "File" menu and select "Save as GLM"
This is just the basics for getting your model out of Milkshape 3D. Weighing and getting the skeleton to work is another story, and I can't help anyone with that part, since all my models have been unsuccessfull :lol:
I hope this helped in some way. If you have any further questions, just reply...I'd be glad to lend you more of my limited wisdom. ;)
cheers mate, getting somewhere at last! i'll post here if i get any further! :dance:
Dread thinks I'm a special person
28th August 2002
Try Polygods.com they have quite a bit tutorials on milkshape, I haven't looked at them all though