I've downloaded the EP2-skinpack and I like the Anakin skin very much I liked to use it in singlemode as well. It's only 400kb. Can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thanks a lot :)
good idea, i like it. I tried doing it with a jango mp skin. First you need to open the pk3 file using winzip. then go into the models folder. then into players and rename the file kyle.(in my case, I had to rename 'jango' to 'kyle'). then rezip the pk3 and rename it something different. put into your base directory and it should work. (If this doesn't work, please tell me).
First I unzipped the pk3 file, then I renamed it into kyle.pk3 and I rezipped it. Then I placed the .zip file in the base folder of the game. I wasn`t sure about renaming the skinfile so I tried it as it was (kyle.zip) and with another name (me.zip). I also tried it with a simple kyle.pk3 but without any success. What did I do wrong? Thank you
I got a recent txt file from Darklighter in the Lucasforums area:
Guide To Sp And Mp Skin Conversion Here's a step by step guide, and it should work then (remember, this will replace the playable Kyle in SP with your chsen MP skin):
1. Get your MP skin .pk3 file you want to convert and open it using Winzip.
2. Inside, there should be approx 10-20 picture files of different parts of the skin, a sound file, a model.glm file, a model_default.skin and possibly a model_red.skin and model_blue files. The ones you need to worry about later are the last four. DON'T TOUCH THE PICTURES, SOUND OR MODEL.GLM FILES.
3. Then, unzip/extract all the contents to a tempory folder (name it temp for now). If you look in the temp folder, there should be a model folder, in there is a player folder, and in there is a 'skinname' folder (this folder will be called whatever your skin is called, but I'll refer to it as 'skinname'). Inside that folder should be all the files.
4. Now you start altering. Rename the 'skinname' folder to 'kyle'.
5. Go into the 'kyle' folder and open up the model_default_skinname.skin files (there will be 3 of these if you have red and blue MP skins. You may not need to change 'em for SP, but I did it just in case).
6. Open it up using wordpad/notepad. There should be loads of lines of writing. There are two types of lines, one type you need to change. Here are the examples:
1. hips, models/players/skinname/skinname_part_of_skin.tga 2. hips_caps, models/players/stormtrooper/caps.tga
Don't touch lines with 'stormtrooper' in, only the first kind. In all of the lines with 'models/players/skinname', change skinname to 'kyle'. Once that's done, save the file and do the same method with the two other .skin files.
7. Your .skin default file should read model_default_skinname.skin. You must delete the last skinname bit, so it just reads model_default.skin (this is the bit BradFu left out I think).
8. Now leave the 'kyle' folder, leave the 'player' folder, leave the 'model' folder and leave the 'temp' folder so that you can see the 'temp folder. Right click on it (or whatever) and turn the 'temp' folder into a .zip file. Rename it from temp.pk3 so it says kyle.pk3.
9. Now go into your base directory in the Star Wars Jedi Outcast folder or wherever you installed it to, and move your save game folder out of there and put it somewhere safe (you have to start a brand new game with a new model, but you could work out someway to reinsert the files, but I didn't risk it).
10. Now for the final stage: put the kyle.pk3 file into your 'base' directory. Start up the game and begin a new game. Hopefully, you will see your skin in the flesh!
I hope this will work. I went through it loads of times, but when I tried this way it finally worked. Good luck with it and e-mail back if you have problems. I finally got my Anakin skin to work, it's pretty cool (I got a bit tired of that stupid beard of Kyle's). -Darklighter
It works. I had some difficulties with winzip but in the end it works. Great! Thank you very, very much!:D
one problem, it doesn't work for me!!!!:( lol
could u tell me exactly what you did. I mean there are 2 model_default files.
couldu tel me what u did with the obiwan file?
could you email me the anakin file that you changed so I can see what the finished product looks like compared to what I did?
Make a copy of the sp one that you changed from mp.
Please, I need to know how to do this.
my email address is [email]email@example.com[/email]
I just need the pk3 file that you put in your gamedata/base folder.
if you send me the pk3 with ani in it i can convert it for you
I am new to the forums and I have been trying to convert a MP skin to SP. I followed the directions a couple of times and it didn't work.