Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#21 14 years ago

I read the book, and thought it was okay. Except, I didn't like the excessive pushing of the evolution theory.

Since a lot of the events in the book, were either edited, or dropped altogether, can anyone say which is better? I've never seen the movie.

Dr Zoidberg

Suck,Suck,Suck!!

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

1,340 Posts

0 Threads

#22 14 years ago

The author of the book and Kubrick developed both the book and movie at the same time, however Kubricks movie is his style, wile the book isnt, from what ive heard the movie is better

blurb23

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

28th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,007 Posts

0 Threads

#23 14 years ago

If I hadn't read the book, I would have thougt that the movie sucked outright. But since I didn't, it rates below an OK.

Smigg

Living Legend

50 XP

11th April 2004

0 Uploads

531 Posts

0 Threads

#24 14 years ago

I love it. My dad showed me it and then I read the book and watched it again the other night till about 4 in the morning, and recorded it on Sky so i can watch it again. I love Hal, hes great (Im sorry, I can't let you do that Dave). And the Music, although it all seems really cliché now and it was funny hearing that music put in a serious film after all the parrodies that have come after. And the bit when he goes through the portal at the end and ends up in the room, great stuff. And the fact that half the film is silence or dave breathing into his suit. it was also great to see what they though our time would be like in the '60s yeltongue.gif Was kinda funny. The book explains more than the film, but in my opinion you cant beat the atmosphere, visuls, music suspence of the film. ... I might have to go watch it again now