Eulian

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

19th September 2008

0 Uploads

60 Posts

0 Threads

#1 7 years ago

Here is the nomination list with the notable categories that was announced this morning with commentary and my favorites to win in bold:

Best Picture Black Swan The Fighter Inception The Kids Are All Right The King’s Speech (a true runner up to Toy Story 3, could win) 127 Hours The Social Network (1 of only 3 real contenders) Toy Story 3 (Toy Story 3 becomes first animated film to win this Oscar :nodding:) True Grit Winter’s Bone

Best Actor Javier Bardem – Biutiful (who's this guy?) Jeff Bridges – True Grit (GREAT ROLE, a real 3-way competition here) Jesse Eisenberg – The Social Network (this guy was excellent, but may lose to Colin) Colin Firth – The King’s Speech (the real strong contender here) James Franco – 127 Hours

Best Actress Annette Bening – The Kids Are All Right Nicole Kidman – Rabbit Hole Jennifer Lawrence – Winter’s Bone Natalie Portman – Black Swan (I haven't seen any of these films, but she has been the favorite for what I've been told) Michelle Williams – Blue Valentine

Best Supporting Actor Christian Bale – The Fighter (didn't see this, but bale has been a favorite) John Hawkes – Winter’s Bone Jeremy Renner – The Town Mark Ruffalo – The Kids Are All Right Geoffrey Rush – The King’s Speech

Best Supporting Actress Amy Adams – The Fighter Helena Bonham Carter – The King’s Speech Melissa Leo – The Fighter Hailee Steinfeld – True Grit (this was the only one I saw in this group but this 14-year old girl was phenomenal. She has an incredible future ahead of her) Jacki Weaver – Animal Kingdom

Best Director Darren Aronofsky – Black Swan David O. Russell – The Fighter Tom Hooper – The King’s Speech David Fincher – The Social Network (very well-made film, fell flat for me in the end, but is as solid as the other favorites this year) Joel and Ethan Coen, – True Grit

Best Animated Feature Film How to Train Your Dragon Illusionist Toy Story 3 (c'mon. seriously. i mean, what else could win?)

Best Original Screenplay Another Year The Fighter Inception (this was the most complicated, talked about, well-written, well-scripted, and well-crafted film in years. completely from the mind of Chris Nolan. he has to win this) The Kids Are All Right The King’s Speech

Best Adapted Screenplay 127 Hours The Social Network (a nice 3-way race here between the heavy-hitters, but this will come out on top. based on the a novel, it really brings this origin story to life with fierce emotional impact, even it wasn't all true) Toy Story 3 True Grit Winter’s Bone

Best Art Direction Alice in Wonderland (hey, what can you say, it was the most colorful film I'd seen in a long time :rolleyes:) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I Inception The King’s Speech True Grit

Best Original Score How to Train Your Dragon – John Powell Inception – Hans Zimmer (an electronic and pulse pounding score from one of film's most legendary musicians) The King’s Speech – Alexandre Desplat 127 Hours – A.R. Rahman The Social Network – Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (neurotic and emotionally ambiguous, a true runner up)

Best Film Editing Black Swan The Fighter The Kings Speech 127 Hours The Social Network (some of the best cuts, shots for any film)

Best Sound Editing Inception Toy Story 3 TRON: Legacy (The only film you'll put on just to listen to it) True Grit Unstoppable

Best Sound Mixing Inception The King’s Speech Salt The Social Network (an eerie blend of light techno/piano harmonies that resonate long after you walk out) True Grit

Best Visual Effects Alice in Wonderland Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Hereafter Inception Iron Man 2 (some sweet stuff went down in this movie)

Chris Nolan again misses an obvious Director nomination. After what happened with Dark Knight 2 years ago, this a total outrage. The Academy likes everything else about his films, but his directing...jerks :rolleyes:

Daft Punk was left out of Original Score for Tron Legacy. Insane...if you saw this on IMAX, you know what I'm talking about

Tron Legacy was also overlooked for Visual Effects...I just don't get the Academy sometimes. Hey, I don't know...maybe they don't like 3D...

How Inception was left out of Film Editing is beyond me. Just think about this...if it wasn't edited so amazingly perfect like it was, it would've been even MORE confusing...:confused:)

Eduardo Saverin in The Social Network was the emotional backbone of the film. Without him, Eisenberg's heartless computer hacker would've had no moral foil. In short, it's inexcusable that he was left out of the Supporting Actor race.

Anyway, here are my thoughts, snubs, and predictions...what do ya'll think????????? who wins, am I right? Who do you think was snubbed????