Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#1 6 years ago

I think we had a similar thread for the 2011 blockbusters, so figured we'd get one going for the upcoming films of 2012. Not in any particular order...

1) Battleship

2) Coriolanus

3) John Carter (of Mars)

4) Avengers

5) Darkest Hour

6) Underworld 4

7) G.I. Joe 2

8) Expendables 2

9) Ghost Rider 2

10) Snow White (and the Huntsman)

Feel free to add to the list.

SuperSmeg

Renegade Cybertronian

50 XP

22nd September 2005

0 Uploads

10,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 6 years ago

The only thing that will be worth seeing next year, is "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight Rises".

Nothing else interests me. It's going to be a dry year in 2012 in terms of movies I want to see...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 6 years ago

Battleship, The Avengers and Ghost Rider 2 look promising. As always, it will take me awhile (probably a few years) to see them. =p

SuperSmeg

Renegade Cybertronian

50 XP

22nd September 2005

0 Uploads

10,694 Posts

0 Threads

#4 6 years ago

Just seen a trailer on E4 for something called Chronicle, being released on Feb 1st.

Looks good, kind of like a Misfits movie, but American.

SikTh

Typically British

50 XP

10th January 2006

0 Uploads

652 Posts

0 Threads

#5 6 years ago

Only films I'm really interested in seeing are The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spiderman. Both look awesome from what I've seen.

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#6 6 years ago
SuperSmeg;5594470The only thing that will be worth seeing next year, is "The Avengers" and "The Dark Knight Rises".
SikTh;5594496Only films I'm really interested in seeing are The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spiderman. Both look awesome from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]

These twp, I forgot about. Add them to the list. Lets have a video for them too seeing as you guys are too lazy. =p

Dark Knight Rises:

Amazing Spider Man:

[QUOTE=SuperSmeg;5594484]Just seen a trailer on E4 for something called Chronicle, being released on Feb 1st.

Never heard of it. :uhm:

SikTh

Typically British

50 XP

10th January 2006

0 Uploads

652 Posts

0 Threads

#7 6 years ago

By the way, new Dark Knight Rises trailer.

Warborg

Revenge was here.

50 XP

2nd August 2002

0 Uploads

1,833 Posts

0 Threads

#8 6 years ago

Avengers are #1 on my list

Batman... again? What is this one... Batman 9? I stopped watching them around Batman 4.

Ghost Rider looks like it will be same as the first one. IMO, average(not bad but could/should be better).

I'm going to pass on the Spiderman reboot.

Battleship looks decent...and I do want to see it at one point but it won't be in the theaters.

Totes

Misanthrope

92,890 XP

7th January 2011

0 Uploads

8,664 Posts

0 Threads

#9 6 years ago

SikTh;5594753By the way, new Dark Knight Rises trailer.

Dude, if you see this preview in the theater it is fucking amazing. I did when I saw Sherlock Holmes, and when that music plays at the end? Holy shit. I mean, holy shit. The entire theater shook and I had a fanboygasm right there in my seat. Definitely my most anticipated film for 2012. Can't wait to see the records break.

Fortune

something to believe.

50 XP

19th February 2005

0 Uploads

7,750 Posts

0 Threads

#10 6 years ago

The Dark Knight Rises is mythical, almost too monumental for me to risk seeing, should Nolan fail once.

The franchise has been such a narrative through my teenage years, I'm a bit morose to see it go as I exit them. Batman Begins and the Dark Knight both hit me at the perfect time, and both taught me valuable lessons (As cheesy as it sounds, coming from a movie about a vigilante that dresses up like a bat) that I still hold to this day.

The Dark Knight Rises is the death of all that, the death of my pre-adult ideal, and at the risk of sounding like a youngster making mountains out of molehills; I'll be sad it go.

That being said, if The Dark Knight Rises somehow finds a way to fail, I'm probably going to lose faith in everything and fall into an Absinthe fueled stupor for the rest of my life as I write pessimistic poetry and paint abstract shapes representing how pissed off I would feel at Christopher Nolan; former savior of superhero movies.

Aside from that, I'm kind of excited to see the new Spiderman, although I'm worried it'll be too similar to the last incarnation which incidentally does not feel 10 years old.

The Avengers I'm a little divided about, I want to see it but know that the only movies that standout out of the cast were the Iron Man movies, since Captain America was mediocre (...And I love America), Thor was damned terrible, I've never been a fan of the Hulk and the other characters aren't even important enough to have films. It's going to be a cluster****, and the only way I can see this movie redeeming my time is if Samuel L Jackson kicks some serious ass.