Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,479 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#1 1 year ago

So I'm assuming most of us have seen it by now and, if you're like me, are probably thinking, "Well that was a whole lot of nothing."

Without spoiling anything I'd just like to say it was pretty disappointing.  The effects and acting were all fine, but the ideas that were developed in Prometheus just seem to now to have been a complete waste of time.  That is of course unless this movie is just an interlude to another sequel (which I've heard is in the makings) in which case I'll just have to wait for that :p

Anyone else agree or disagree?

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,267 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,456 Posts

1,700 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Not seen it yet but I've heard people saying it's not as bad as you are saying it is.

Still prolly gonna watch it.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,479 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 1 year ago

It's not terrible.  Michael Fassbender gave a grade A performance through-and-through and there were some fascinating concepts explored, but thematically it left me wanting.  Sort of an expansion on Prometheus rather than a continuation.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 1 year ago

I genuinely don't even remember much of Prometheus except ship lands, finds crashed ship, salvage eggs, eggs are evil, eggs kill Engineer, engineer goes off with eggs. Movie ends. It was pretty forgettable, I guess?

Is Covenant closer to the original movies, or Prometheus? It's a reboot, from what I hear?

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,479 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,739 Posts

1,754 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Script-wise it's much closer to a reboot, sometimes ubiquitously so :p