Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Holee mangoes this series is good. I just began watching it two days ago and I'm no binge watcher, but I'm already up to episode 7 or 8. Stephen Amell and David Ramsey really click. And seeing John Barrowman pop up was a pleasant surprise, even if I already knew he had a role in the series.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes. It's a lot more "classic superhero" than Marvel's serial stuff, which isn't an unwelcome change.

tolga

Oel ngati kameie.

60,215 XP

6th February 2007

0 Uploads

5,864 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I loved that show up until season 3. After that the romance became so dumb and the mysteries felt shallow. Maybe it is better now but I dont think I will keep watching. However, the show made me actually read Green Arrow comics and now he is one of my fav superhero.

EBVuUYx.png

Antilles VIP Member

The Imaginative

114,272 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

9,726 Posts

1 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I stopped around the same time as Tolga. I have however kept up via reddit and reviews, etc.

Dear god I'm happy I stopped. Just do yourself a favour and stop watching after season two Serio.

Garruscopy.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Bwahah. To be fair, I was gonna stop watching Game of Thrones after the awful season 5, but after the pilot of season 6, I had to keep watching. So I'm almost certain the same will happen with Arrow :p

Antilles VIP Member

The Imaginative

114,272 XP

17th July 2006

0 Uploads

9,726 Posts

1 Threads

#5 2 years ago

No... no nothing can make it right now.

It went full CW. Never go full CW.

Garruscopy.png

NeoRanger

The Curse of Snake

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I saw Seasons 1 and 2 and up until now, I continuously start watching and then get bored and turn it off half-way through its season and catch up before the next season. I highly doubt I'll do this again. It's not for me; it's not fun, it's not particularly faithful to Green Arrow and for the most part (especially early in the series) it's Batman-lite.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I just got done with Season 2, which is all they had on Netflix. Quite liked that conclusion. It's actually a pleasant change that Oliver isn't a "super-superhero". He can't always save his city from devastation. From the Undertaking, to Deathstroke's Army, he seems to fail just as often as he succeeds.

I've moved on to The Flash now, since that just had its first season added to Netflix as well. I've always started on Legends of Tomorrow, but I'm gonna pause that until I've watched some more of The Flash, I think.

JUMBO PALACE

50 XP

7th June 2016

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Yeah you know I really enjoyed seasons 1-2 and still had fun with 3 to a lesser extent which is as far as my Netflix went. Season 4 seems to be pretty universally maligned. 

The Flash on the other hand is amazing and so much better than Arrow in every possible way. Me and the girlfriend watched season 1 and I actually bought season 2 on Google Play since we started late and we just had to see it. Once we became week to week viewers Tuesday nights were a highpoint of the week.  I didn't feel compelled to watch season 4 of Arrow even though I could have tuned in any time. Those characters and plotlines just aren't holding up as well as they need to. 

I do have a huge crush on Felicity though.