Ok, so I know I'm not the only one who has a huge list of books to read, and not enough time to read 'em. And since I'm the typical glasses-wearing, coffee-loving, college-bound student who'd kill to find a book club to join, I was wondering what people have on their lists. Also this is a super easy way for me to find some good reads without whining "TELL ME A GOOD BOOK TO READ" at my friends.
Note: This isn't a "What're You Reading?" thread, 'cause if I wanted to know that, I'd go to that thread.
So my list so far:
- "Chinese Cinderella" - Adeline Mah
- "A Gracious Plenty" - Sheri Reynolds
- "Lucky" - Alice Sebold
- "The Bell Jar" - Sylvia Plath
- "The Catcher in the Rye" - Salinger
- "The Color Purple" - Alice Walker
- "Things Fall Apart" - Chinua Achebe
- "The Overcoat" - Nikolai Gogol
- "The Joy Luck Club" - Amy Tan
- "There Are No Children Here" - Alex Kotlowitz
- "Waiting for Godot" - Samuel Beckett
- "She's Come Undone" - Wally Lamb
- "Picture of Dorian Gray" - Oscar Wilde
That's not everything, as there are full collections [i.e., all of Chuck Palahniuk's books, all of Nietzsche's works, etc.], but I figured that'd take ages to list 'em all out.
So anyone else have any lists? Or better, has anyone read any of the books on my list? ;D
Gosh I hope I'm not the only one that's enough of a literature nerd to enjoy a thread like this.
im always waiting for the next volume of Claymore to come out. Im waiting to read claymore vol. 12. I also need to read hellsing vol.8 too. Rosario + vampire if I can ever find it. And Im also thinking about reading Vampire knight. Wow, three of the 4 book series I just mentioned are about vampires..