knipple

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,739 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

What do you guys think of this remake?! I am anxious to see it, I like Johnny Depp, he's a spectacular actor. My fiance is upset because she doesn't think the movie should have a remake. My Age: 22 Saw the Original: Yes Please let me know. ALSO, when you reply for the first time PLEASE put your age and if you saw the original in here. Not so I can dump on your thoughts if you are younger than I but so we know what age groups want to see this, and if you are too young to remember the first. Don't put those in your post and I will harrass you, hard! :D

Nusentinsaino

A new sense of nuisance.

50 XP

8th December 2003

0 Uploads

12,881 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

I think the original one is better than this... We'll see... and by the way Johnny Depp looks like a... er... you know... a fag. He looks so ugly in that movie... but i guess thats what Willy Wonka was supposed to look like. Weird. Although i love Johnny Depp in The Ninth Gate and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas... that was his best.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,236 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I liked the original when i was younger, ive seen it many times.....and Johnny Depp is a great actor...but i dont know if he can pull of the same style of acting that Gene Wilder did in the original

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I haven't seen the original, but wouldn't mind catching the remake (Johnny Depp is a brilliant actor, IMO--what a riot he was in Pirates of the Caribbean). I do think that this continuing wave of remakes is getting out of hand, although. I say, come up with something new for a change...

Redington™

Here Since 05 Still no 1k post

50 XP

14th May 2005

0 Uploads

591 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Age: 18 Saw the Original: Maybe...I forget. There's only two versions right? The original and the one now right? Johnny Depp looks so weird in this movie. Yeah, he's a good actor. But he just looks so weird. I don't know if I'm gonna see it in theatres. Maybe rent it, but that's about it.

CHAKA VIP Member

Anti-antidisestablishmentarian

50 XP

15th January 2004

0 Uploads

5,038 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

It isn't a remake. It's based off the same book. It's like saying Red Dragon is a remake of Manhunter, or all the Dracula films are Nosferatu remakes. Age: 17 Saw the original: yes I think it'll be a lot better. The best thing about the original was Gene Wilder. Aside from that, it hasn't got al that much to do with the book and I hate musicals. I think Burton can pull it off, it'll be interesting to see what he doe with it.

Nordicvs VIP Member

A Man among humans

50 XP

4th May 2005

0 Uploads

2,865 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago
CHAKAIt isn't a remake. It's based off the same book. It's like saying Red Dragon is a remake of Manhunter, or all the Dracula films are Nosferatu remakes.

That qualifies as a remake. Someone makes a movie; it's made, based on the book or play or whatever. Another person makes it; it's remade. Not all Dracula films are remakes of that because they have different stories, plots.

triekie

No one likes me..

50 XP

16th March 2005

0 Uploads

349 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Even Johnny Depp looks so weird in this movie, hes still a good actor and one of my fave.. so weird or not im still going to see it in theaters. Aside from that im hoping that maybe he cant do the best acting but he can do he's best on this movie.

CHAKA VIP Member

Anti-antidisestablishmentarian

50 XP

15th January 2004

0 Uploads

5,038 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago
NordicvsThat qualifies as a remake. Someone makes a movie; it's made, based on the book or play or whatever. Another person makes it; it's remade. Not all Dracula films are remakes of that because they have different stories, plots.

Tim Burton has stated it's not a remake. Therefore, along with my other points, it isn't.

Billy3384

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

20th July 2004

0 Uploads

476 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

16 saw the original Depp is not going to be better then gene wilder