Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I'm not having any; this planet's finished. That in mind, which films would make your list? Let's say you can pick up tooooo...five. Or six. Five or six, I'm easy. Maybe seven. Five, six or seven. You can't pick any film from a series, though (sorry, no LOTR).

I think I'd pick the following: The Great Dictator, Cloud Atlas, Monty Python And The Holy Grail and...my mind's a blank from there, so I'll have to come back to this. Don't want to strain it; migraines and blackouts are best taken in shifts.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

-SpArKs-

E = mc 2

50 XP

1st December 2005

0 Uploads

1,678 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

In no particular order

Die hard Leathal weapon Alien Beverly hills cop Terminator Leon the professional Lock stock and 2 smoking barrels Saving private Ryan Shawshank redemption 28 days later

Boom!

the internet is skynet

Lord Wiener VIP Member

Piercing the veil.

51 XP

9th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,761 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Coraline, though I would never show it to a six year old as per recommendation. 

Seriously, that movie is a great work of clay animation, but it would scare the living daylight out of a child. 

WouldYouKindly.png

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Lord WienerCoraline, though I would never show it to a six year old as per recommendation. 

Seriously, that movie is a great work of clay animation, but it would scare the living daylight out of a child. 

It would at least teach them about Fear, that being one corner of the Werner Herzog Triangle of Life (the other two being Desperation and Murder).

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg

NeoRanger

The Curse of Snake

50 XP

29th August 2004

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

If the hypothetical scenario is that the planet's finished, then the answer's easy:

The Room

Just so my kid can believe that the people of the old world were unevolved apes and can move on with his/her life and eventually take over the New World and become the world's King/Queen, always haunted, but also motivated by the lie that humanity was once like Tommy Wiseau and that the future should be a better place.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,236 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Schindler's List, so when they land on another planet they can watch it and make sure not to do that there too.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

All the pron I can cram into that library. Good films can always be replaced with good literature.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,314 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,846 Posts

213 Threads

#8 2 years ago

The Bucket List, Get Rich or Die Tryin, Shawshank Redemption, Gladiator, Lord of The Rings.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,325 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,144 Posts

5 Threads

#9 2 years ago
RadioActiveLobster Schindler's List, so when they land on another planet they can watch it and make sure not to do that there too.

"Hey, guys! We found the instruction manual!" :p

#

I suppose putting aside the obvious answer of an actual instruction manual... Ip Man, Ghost in The Shell, The Wrath of Khan (original), The Maltese Falcon, The Great Dictator.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,285 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,457 Posts

1,700 Threads

#10 2 years ago
NemmerleThe Wrath of Khan (original)

This.

Also, I reckon some of the 007 films need to be in there, Goldeneye and Live and Let Die maybe. They're a big part of cinema history.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com