I just finished watching Dexter. [spoilers] 2 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,285 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,457 Posts

1,700 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I know, I'm 10 years behind everyone else;

Anyway, I knew the ending was supposedly pretty shite, but my takeaway from it is this;

It'd have been pretty good had that last scene not been there. Had it been a case of him driving his boat into the storm to kill himself, because he knew he could never live his life without hurting the people he loved, then that would have been okay.

But to become a fucking lumberjack for some reason? To fake his death? It just seems like the cowards way out, and while Dexter was many things, I don't think coward was one of them. That killed the ending for me. You're asking me to believe he can continue to live his life in isolation without thinking about Harrison or whatever?

Yeah, fuck that.

Absaloute bollocks that last scene, just felt shoved in just incase they wanted to do a new series.

Meh.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,816 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,996 Posts

6 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Yep, it seemed like a pretty obvious attempt to keep their options open for sequels and spin-offs. The ending was also a little random in that it didn't really connect well to the character development that was a pretty big theme throughout the series.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I actually rather liked that. Keep in mind, he's more fucked in the head than a Dutch hooker on a Saturday night. Hell, I'd even wager that he actually ended up getting knocked over board, hitting his head and washing ashore. He wouldn't remember a thing, hence why he ended up as a lumberjack.