SeinfeldisKindaOk

5.56 smoke Haji every day

55 XP

17th July 2008

0 Uploads

8,397 Posts

0 Threads

#1241 10 years ago

Mr. Pedantic;4484937"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one of them to scatter it all over the highway."[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PhasmatisApparatus;5243855]Except most of the parts of a car are held together with three or more bolts. Seriously, do some fact-checking before you spout your uninformed opinion, mmkay? :mad:

I read the original quote as using 'nut' as a pun. At first it refers to the bolt that physically holds the car together but then ends by referring to a crazy person/bad driver.

so literally it would be like: It takes hundreds of bolts to hold a car together but only one crazy person to scatter it all over the highway (i.e. cause an accident).

PhasmatisApparatus

Beware: I play WoW

50 XP

5th October 2006

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#1242 10 years ago

blank.gif

Embee

Homo Obnoxius

50 XP

13th December 2009

0 Uploads

2,205 Posts

0 Threads

#1243 10 years ago

"An eye for an eye for an eye... and everyone will become blind." - Mahatma Ghandi

Nemmerle Advanced Member

Voice of joy and sunshine

299,174 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,206 Posts

6 Threads

#1244 10 years ago

'There exists a limit to the force even the most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengeance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.'

- Frank Herbert (Muad'Dib on Law The Stilgar Commentary)

'Antoninus was a most eminent man, and had very excellent qualities, which made him admirable in the sight of the people and acceptable to the soldiers, for he was a warlike man, most enduring of fatigue, a despiser of all delicate food and other luxuries, which caused him to be beloved by the armies. Nevertheless, his ferocity and cruelties were so great and so unheard of that, after endless single murders, he killed a large number of the people of Rome and all those of Alexandria. He became hated by the whole world, and also feared by those he had around him, to such an extent that he was murdered in the midst of his army by a centurion. And here it must be noted that such-like deaths, which are deliberately inflicted with a resolved and desperate courage, cannot be avoided by princes, because any one who does not fear to die can inflict them; but a prince may fear them the less because they are very rare; he has only to be careful not to do any grave injury to those whom he employs or has around him in the service of the state. Antoninus had not taken this care, but had contumeliously killed a brother of that centurion, whom also he daily threatened, yet retained in his bodyguard; which, as it turned out, was a rash thing to do.'

- Machiavelli; The Prince.

'To ravage, to slaughter, to usurp under false titles, they call empire; and where they make a desert, they call it peace.'

- Calgacus as reported by Tacitus

ScOrPY Advanced Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

17th November 2003

0 Uploads

15,582 Posts

0 Threads

#1245 10 years ago

I've always liked Cap'n Picard from First Contact:

Picard: "I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!

BlitZ, The 57th

Fack, Fack you, Fack that

50 XP

20th April 2007

0 Uploads

3,236 Posts

0 Threads

#1246 10 years ago

I can't walk through walls or fly, but I can kick ass.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1247 10 years ago

Big Lebowski;4258825Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules...

-Big Lebowski

Well done!

I can't remember any memorable quotes... except this one. Classic goodness :)

The_Geek_With_The_Gun

Keep whining Im reloading

50 XP

25th May 2007

0 Uploads

3,321 Posts

0 Threads

#1248 10 years ago

From the Hurt Locker (If you haven't seen it, go rent it now.)

Sandborn: You know you can shoot people here, you dont have to throw wrenches...

Lindæl Advanced Member

Mister Angry Rules Guy

242,946 XP

31st January 2010

0 Uploads

23,574 Posts

8 Threads

#1249 10 years ago

I do no remember who originally said it but: “I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting. Nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality counterbalancing indecipherability transcendentalizes intercommunications incomprehensibleness.”

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

gravy666

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

20th August 2007

0 Uploads

7,561 Posts

0 Threads

#1250 10 years ago

"A clever man solves a problem. A wise man avoids it." --Albert Einstein