Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat to leave Doctor Who at the Conclusion of Series 10 12 replies

Please wait...

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#1 1 year ago

Peter Capaldi to leave Doctor Who

Thoughts?

MCFC OK!

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#2 1 year ago

As far as Peter Capaldi, he is my favourite Doctor so far. This is one of those shows that just keeps getting better and better with each new Doctor. So I would be hopeful as to where the show would go next.

But then Steven Moffat is also leaving? Well, there goes the show. Doctor Who is not going to be Doctor Who without Steven Moffat.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 1 year ago

Capaldi has been an absolutely incredible Doctor. Far better than Smith ever was, and almost as good as Tennant. It's a shame to see him leave.

As for Moffat... Eh. As much as he tried to pick up the mantle after Davies, he failed. There was a lack of coherency in the storylines, and it never quite felt like it was the same Doctor that had saved Earth all those countless times in the past. I wanted to see old characters returning again, but instead he decided to almost act as if they'd never existed.

I will say that the latest series has been the best Moffat has done. It actually began to feel like Doctor Who should - one man and his human companions against something grander than Earth. A ragtag group of brilliant individuals, working together to stop some disaster.

Saying Doctor Who won't be Doctor Who without Moffat is a bit silly, though. It's a show that has had so many different runners through the years, and will have many more in the future. It's not going anywhere. It will change, as it always does, but fans ultimately dictate where it goes.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago

I never saw any of the Eccleston episodes, or any before him, so I cannot speak for them.

David Tennant was more a clueless genius. Matt Smith was more the awkward goofy alien. Peter Capaldi was more the cynical grumpy guy. They all nailed that aspect, and it made me love each Doctor more and more as the series went on.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,268 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,456 Posts

1,700 Threads

#5 1 year ago

It absaloutely depends on who they get to replace him. I'm far more worried about a change of writer over a change in Doctor though honestly.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#6 1 year ago

I think the next Doctor might be a young/marketable actor again. I think a lot of people were turned off by the Doctor being old. I love Capaldi personally, you understand, but I heard a lot that people didn't like an older, grumpier Doctor.

No more Emmerdale Actors as assistants, though.

MCFC OK!

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 1 year ago

There was brief speculation it would be Adrian Lester, since he tweeted out that his next job will be as a doctor. But he clarified that it's a surgeon doctor, not the Doctor. 

I absolutely adore Capaldi's Doctor. Especially because he actually has that twist of, "You pissed me off now" that Smith lacked. I hope the new one will be similar. 

In fact, I would be on board with someone like Lester. Hell, even a female Doctor. Just someone different. That's something I liked about Capaldi, too. He was different to the previous two Doctors.

Mikouen VIP Member

What?

145,602 XP

4th September 2005

4 Uploads

11,730 Posts

2 Threads

#8 1 year ago

Ain't it funny how, eight days ago, it was announced that Capaldi was exiting the Doctor Who role?

....because ten days ago, it was announced that Kris Marshall was quitting Death in Paradise.

I'm just saying.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but this is totally Sheep's fault.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,268 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,456 Posts

1,700 Threads

#9 1 year ago

I very highly doubt it'll be Kris Marshall.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#10 1 year ago

Or is he speculating that Peter Capaldi is moving Death in Paradise?