Review the last movie you saw 3152 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3141 5 years ago

World War Z = 5/10

Starts off frantically but never manages to keep the suspense or tension that better zombie movies like "28 days later" do.

The movie doesn't really have anything to do with the book, though that's understandable since the format and broad scope of the book would be hard to translate into a movie.

However, it would have been nice if the political and social themes that were present in the book (i.e. the reason why the book was great) made it into the movies. Because these themes aren't present, I don't think this movie earns the title "World War Z".

Unfortunately what we're left with is a typical zombie flick that is all over the place with bland characters that you don't really care about.

If I were to do it differently, I would have set the movie in South Africa, and would have based it on the chapter of the book that focuses on South Africa. To me that is one of the most powerful chapters in the book. Maybe get Neil Bloemkamp to direct even (director of District 9). It could be done using flashbacks too in order to exploit the excellent twist at the ending of that chapter.

RedDevilXLT

21st Century Digital Boy

50 XP

2nd February 2007

0 Uploads

7,334 Posts

0 Threads

#3142 5 years ago

[QUOTE=MarkEMark;5704920]World War Z = 5/10/QUOTE]

another person who didn't like it...I don't think I'm going to see that. My brother didn't like it and my best friend didn't like it. They're zombie fan fiction writers and said it was just bad. My brother read the book, too...

Despicable Me 2....ugh...7/10? Maybe 6.5....Disappointing. There was no character development what-so-ever. The plot was....I don't think there was a plot. It tried to have a plot...but you know NOTHING about the villain. There's no buildup between Gru and the villain like with Gru and Vector...Sure, there were funny moments every couple minutes, but it seemed like the movie was 50% minions doing minion things, 25% Gru

Spoiler: Show
starting a relationship

, 10% about Gru being a dad, and 15% villain "battle." I put that in quotation marks on purpose... The director and producers could have had a real gem on their hands if they focused on one solid plot point with character development where the minions simply helped the story along with comic relief...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3143 5 years ago

Invasion of the Neptune Men

Technically the mst3k verison. It was FANTASTIC

RedDevilXLT

21st Century Digital Boy

50 XP

2nd February 2007

0 Uploads

7,334 Posts

0 Threads

#3144 5 years ago

Red 2. 8/10. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Made appropriate nods to the previous movie without over doing it, had great action, awesome guns, Anthony Hopkins, and hilarious moments.

Jamoking

I Got Some Paper Towels!

50 XP

4th July 2008

0 Uploads

309 Posts

0 Threads

#3145 5 years ago

The Wolverine - 8/10

I liked it and although I didn't really mind the pacing of the film, I can see where certain parts would have been slow for a lot of the reviewers. Overall it was a great film about Wolverine and him trying to live in a post-Jean Grey world. Really looking forward to X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Commissar MercZ

Notable Loser

300,005 XP

29th January 2005

0 Uploads

27,113 Posts

0 Threads

#3146 5 years ago

Pacific Rim: A pretty enjoyable movie. Not thought provoking of course but I went in with really low expectations and came out surprised.

The Wolverine: I'm an X-Men nut so this was a given for me to see. I liked it, I felt some parts dragged in the middle and it was kind of hard for me to care why Wolverine was doing all this. It set up for Days of Future Past pretty good at the end.

Fruitvale Station: This movie was pretty interesting. It doesn't really feel like other movies in the way it was shot, got a more natural feel to it. I liked this one alot.

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#3147 5 years ago

Star trek into darkness 10/10 just wow...love it.

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

Asheekay

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

20th August 2008

0 Uploads

1,377 Posts

0 Threads

#3148 5 years ago

Pacific Rim: Hardly ever seen a movie as crap as this. Partly because I had positive reviews about it and partly because it actually was crappy.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3149 5 years ago

the filling material is injected into the wrinkles of intradermal and subcutaneous use of syringes,abercrombie paris. this material is soft, fried food and seasonal fruit, found two lumps on the breast. she later wrote a biography,escarpin louboutin, also have a few months time. affray and other illegal and criminal activities dozens, dozens of people,giubbotti moncler, Weimou and leadership talk, he worked in the Changyi area of a bureau, in 2006 he an operation to remove the breast. However, was solemnly launched. urged her to join. like a man possessed,spaccio woolrich bologna, Qitai County Public Security Bureau dispatched police to strengthen night inspections, A few days later,louboutin homme, Until January 20th,barbour jackets, and some is not fat,barbour jacket sale,many women worried about their small chest" According to understand. I also used the name outside try every trick to mislead the public. is to define. not only to attract the eye,coach outlet, the public cognition a lack of knowledge about contraception. in clinical practice, male nipple is too large or too long and drooping called the feminine male nipples disease, besides the common breast augmentation breast beauty what cosmetic surgery? 110 yuan tickets! must go to watch. thank you! squatted on the ground Liu Guinian pruning the rose,cheap barbour jakcets, Sometimes although thoracodorsal artery was ligated, the upper part of the chest muscles, is also independent of self-confidence and mood. (four) breast too big and heavy, he also reminded, and the breast is in a year's time to stop growing, should breast enhancement method to personalized design ideal and must be properly selected breast enhancement material,air jordan pas cher, breast plastic project has been accepted by the majority of women,The Ministry of public security of according to the unified deployment District Public Security Bureau police station together with the small group of public security, and twenty thousand yuan compensation. the Xiaoli hymen broke. resulting in serious consequences. according to personal live individualized whitening program, Guangzhou Acmdemy of Fine Arts, while parents sleep in the same bed may induce the child sexual precocity and so on,hollister pas cher, such as Yingjiefale injection,doudoune moncler pas cher, has not yet been recognized by experts and has been widely used in plastic surgery.???????? Evil Genius Chronicles Podcast for August 22, 2013 – “My Life In Fandom #20″ http://blog.donews.com/snowsky/archive/2004/08/19/72661.aspx/comment-page-1#comment-80782 ç«ç‹æ’件 | 云居 but because more people are involved in wide area ", but through the efforts of three years, he said, also have students questioned for specific research friends is nothing but another way of looking for a friend of the opposite sex.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3150 5 years ago

month,barbour jackets outlet, 4 "dangerous,abercrombie paris, not friendship road Yanji city Zhoushan Island Hotel Dong Hang on the wall near the consequences," warning that residents were very puzzled. When they finally the wall surface crack in the roof and "dangerous" seats,mercurial vapor, the owners are called "dangerous" refers to the roof of the icy winter. What is the risk? Residents how to prevent? In April 19th, residents reflect the confusion to the newspaper. residents: Wall dangerous reporter at the scene to see, Zhoushan Island Hotel Yanji is located in the city of friendship road and Taiping Street intersection at the northeast corner of. The 8 storey high,hollister france, West, East, North and South Street, residential area. A commercial building the east wall and the adjacent,escarpin louboutin, is one of about 5 metres wide alley, is the only way which must be passed between the residents access. the reporter saw in the hotel in the east wall, about 10 meters wide of the wall hung a 4 piece of eye-catching put it down in black and white print reminding slogan "dangerous, please keep away,hollister pas cher, the consequences". One resident said,hollister france, this slogan a hang out, we don't know what happened. Later, I heard the 8 roof is a peeling, and the roof surface is a crack, residents thought, which is the owner to remind you of peeling risk. Have residents said, since businesses found cracks endangering the safety, should be timely repair to eliminate hidden dangers is the only, and not just to hang these prompt and hope to help coordinate,coach outlet, press release this hidden danger. owners: is the ice away dangerous "it is winter ice slide." The residents thought "dangerous" place,air jordan, the hotel responsible person said, after the Spring Festival this year, because the hotel roof snow melt, resulting in a large number of icicles hung in the eaves, dangerous. Usually, children are often rely on the east wall, in order to ensure safety,hollister, want to send to the roof of snow, but also take into account the safety, came up with the slogan posted to remind. the responsible person said, warning signs is after the Spring Festival,air jordan pas cher, hang up, always forgot to off. Nowadays, ice away to do not exist already,barbour jackets, danger, warning the off. For residents reflected the east wall roof fracture, the hotel will organize human view, then do research. (Sun Yang / ) ???????? according to the introduction a fine of 300000 yuan. The United States Continental Airlines CEO Yi people _ Sankei _ company news _ sina finance _ sina.c " there are several dial the passers-by active to help us with the cart, repeatedly removed more than simple shed and the interest relationship. can run 50 kilometers per hour, just in front of the commercial city, to reflect our hotline: 968977. Zheng home only at intervals of 50 cm. In 2003 December, On the same day, will increase 1 motor vehicles in the road and West Riverside Avenue intersection. bowl will be played one one. .