Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 1 year ago

So, I watched this Thursday. And what a fucking amazing movie it was - might even be better than the Force Awakens. I do have some issues with it, primarily in the choices made by the director, but it's full of references to both the prequels and - more importantly - the original saga. I was very pleased with the movie as a whole. 

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,236 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#2 1 year ago

2nd best Star Wars movie behind Empire Strikes Back

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,491 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,740 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 1 year ago

That's a hell of a claim.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#4 1 year ago

A hell of a claim, but one that I back. Rogue One feels like an entry that - in theory - shouldn't be necessary? But it nevertheless manages to make itself essential to the original saga by explaining a number of things, such as how the Death Star plans ended up in the hands of Leia Organa, or why there's an empty spot on the Red Squadron. It does so without actually retconning anything, to boot, even making the Empire look a tad bit smarter by explaining how the Death Star ended up with such a major design flaw.

Note; none of those are spoilers. I'm not stating how any of that happened, just that they're explained in Rogue One. I also saw it in 3D, and what an experience that was.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,791 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#5 1 year ago
"Serio"might even be better than the Force Awakens.

Of course it is better than JJ Wars. That just goes without saying. In fact, this NOT being JJ Abrams is the entire reason I plan to see this in the first place.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,726 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

793 Posts

9 Threads

#6 1 year ago

I might see it next week if I end up seeing it in theaters. Didn't know Abrams wasn't directing this one.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#7 1 year ago

Not entirely sure what was wrong with the Abrams movie? The Force Awakens was better than any of the prequels, and almost as good as A New Hope in my opinion. Abrams also happens to have a long history of creating absolutely fantastic stories(Fringe, Alias) and directing some massive blockbusters(Star Trek), so I'm not sure why his name is somehow a "negative".

Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,314 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,143 Posts

5 Threads

#8 1 year ago

Yeah, I didn't think the Force Awakens was a bad movie taken by itself. It's a big repetition of the first movie, and it's got a laughable villain - the entire cinema erupted in laughter when he took his helmet off. But it wasn't execrable - some of the cinematography was gorgeous.

Abrams is a certain kind of director, I think. Haven't cared a great deal for his Star Trek films, I think TFA was better than them.