Atrusino

Ewiges Leben, Wolf des Südens

50 XP

24th February 2007

0 Uploads

3,904 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

It didn't occur to me to post this here before the spam forum lol.. But here ya go. Warning.. Contains spoiler for future movie

Spoiler: Show
A Russian double agent has managed to break-in and successfully steal sensitive data regarding operation whitecat and the only one that can stop the agent from selling this in the middle eastern black market is Sam Fisher.

That's awsome.. The Splinter Cell movie is slotted for 2010! 3 more years and we get to see Sam Fisher on the big screen.. Trivia: The actor who voiced Sam Fisher in the popular video game series also played the role of which character in the popular Sci-fi film Starship Troopers? (No cheating now..)

The-Bleh-Bleh

Hasselhoff is my hero

50 XP

12th December 2006

0 Uploads

6,189 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I have no clue about the trivia... but....

This movie better not disgrace splintercell!

Atrusino

50 XP

24th February 2007

0 Uploads

3,904 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

If they make it like the book and not the games, it'll be awsome! Or so we can hope..

Sovereign002 VIP Member

Adeptus Moderatus We purge with chain and bolter

105,915 XP

22nd May 2005

0 Uploads

10,044 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Unfortunately I have never read the books :( However, I must concur, movies based of books have a lmuch higher chance of being good, both story and action wise, while most movies based on games (and vica versa) tend to be disappointing.

Sounds like a good theme, we can only hope they won't screw it up and give Splinter Cell a bad name.

sovereignwarhammer.jpg

Atrusino

50 XP

24th February 2007

0 Uploads

3,904 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Aye. That's one of two movies that video gamers are hoping doesn't give the series a bad name. The other being Halo. It certainly has potential and I can't wait untill 2010 now :D

Sovereign002 VIP Member

Adeptus Moderatus We purge with chain and bolter

105,915 XP

22nd May 2005

0 Uploads

10,044 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

There's going to be a Halo movie? I thought Metal Gear Solid would have been the second.

sovereignwarhammer.jpg

Chocu1a

Feel my heat, Heavens on fire.

45,365 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Rachnick(sp?)

Atrusino

50 XP

24th February 2007

0 Uploads

3,904 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

The Halo movie was news a year ago.. They've been bumping it back and bumping it back.. It was supposed to come out this summer.

Anson992

Master Jedi

50 XP

15th October 2005

0 Uploads

10,598 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

Yeah, but they never got around to it. There are a few Live action shorts, which all look great, and they could do the Halo movie well if they don't loose site of the main focus's, one being killing, and the other story. If they focus too much on either side (on Halo or Splinter Cell) than the movie will bite.

Nittany Tiger Forum Mod

*Shrug*

289,107 XP

15th September 2004

0 Uploads

27,136 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
Atrusino;3905279 Trivia: The actor who voiced Sam Fisher in the popular video game series also played the role of which character in the popular Sci-fi film Starship Troopers? (No cheating now..)

I don't know the name, but the probably the guy that played Rico's teacher and then Lieutenant later on in the movie. This is a guess based purely on character voice, and that guy I think sounds closest to Sam Fisher. My second guess would be the sergeant, but I think my first guess is the closest.

For this movie, I hope they get the voice actors in the game into the movie. Probably not unless they can act. I'd hate to hear Lambert's voice changed again (it was done in Pandora Tomorrow).