werdborg

Liberated from Collective

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1851 12 years ago

OK perhaps we do need to bring balance to the force, the Romulans a Xenophobic and love thier great Empire and would love to get thier own back for the romulan earth wars defeat, so maybe they might ally themselves to the empire.Star wars still could hurt Starfleet even though thier turbolasers are probably comperable to 2150's tech but 120 guns off of 1 isd or 1000 guns off of the SSD would be a serios threat to any ship. Starfleet has a fleet of 4000-8000 ships at any one time, the empire has 25,000,a flak wall of turbolaser fire from all those ships well thats 6-1 for wars

Stark98

I would die without GF

138,935 XP

25th March 2005

0 Uploads

13,416 Posts

0 Threads

#1852 12 years ago

wow wow they say they have 160 on one isd, but we never never saw them firing all at once, did you ever saw on any star wars movies all these turrets firing? starfleet has more vessels, if we take nemesis they have maybe 20000 vessels if not more but i mean every class, from connie to sovereign.. how do they get to those registry numbers do you think?

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1853 12 years ago

Starfleet had just emerged from a war with the Dominion where they lost 50% of they're fleet and barely scraped victory. DITL estimates there are 8000 active ships in 2371 and remember they have only a small bit of space(8000lys across) while star wars have their entire galaxy, therefore Star Wars would have far more ships. On the issue of balance I would have it so the Feds would murder the Empire but that the empire would kill the Borg-We've never heard of turbo-lasers in trek and therefore due to this the borg would'nt have a clue how to beat the empire.Starfleet would need to purchase these weapons and the the Empire could say Trade for those phasers and sheilds (lets just say the Borg are back and Transphasics and armour don't work anymore)

Stark98

I would die without GF

138,935 XP

25th March 2005

0 Uploads

13,416 Posts

0 Threads

#1854 12 years ago

actually werdborg, the feds are only for 300 years in space and have discovered alpha and beta quadrant completely. So half the galaxy is already discovered. The feds have really an area of 8000 ly. And in that spot 8000 ships are active meaning flying around and firing etc. So connies, old ships etc arent. But if you calculate that the feds have within maybe again 300 years or more they will have far far far more ships then the empire. The borg would adapt the lasers after the empire fired or destroyed a cube..

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1855 12 years ago

Lets say turbo-laser have unstable frequency's and therefore the borg can't adapt, also the borg use a frequency rotational EM Field, lasers can work very well against those as true sheilds are Graviton based, on the size of the feds go to this website http://www.netmoon.com/startrek/maps/geo.htm this map shows the extent of Fed travels. For numbers of ships Starfleet decommisions old ships because of the failures of old ships at Wolf 359. Old ships such as Constitutions were decommisioned during the 2290's-2310 and the Miranda was supposed to be decommisioned by 2375 but the war came about.

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1856 12 years ago

i'VE JUST FOUND THIS, IT SHOWS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MIX ROMULANS AND IMPERIALS http://www.furryconflict.com/tech/technopedia/imperial/starfleet/dark_nova.html

Captain Fist

DEUS LO VULT

113,265 XP

17th December 2005

0 Uploads

10,629 Posts

0 Threads

#1857 12 years ago

The Star Wars Universe is more interesting. It doesn't limit Istelf to a bunch of Guys on a ship exloring space. It has a more Spirtual Side, something more than Star Trek's Pure Technological Side.

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1858 12 years ago

IHATEREDNECKS what you've said is true about the Star Wars universe being more interesting but at one point people in the Star Wars galaxy must have done the same as in Star Trek

Emperor Norton I

Nothing is real, Everything is

50 XP

20th July 2006

0 Uploads

7,434 Posts

0 Threads

#1859 12 years ago

The star wars universe is ok but it always looks dirty and broken down.And it doesnt really focus on anything that was in Star Treks messages (racial equality,never following anything blindly,Hope & good will prevail,etc)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1860 12 years ago
werdborgIHATEREDNECKS what you've said is true about the Star Wars universe being more interesting but at one point people in the Star Wars galaxy must have done the same as in Star Trek

Why would that be exactly? Star Wars takes place BEFORE Star Trek in terms of time(if we assume that both take place in seperate galaxies int he same universe, not seperate universes) Thosands of years before in fact.