Emperor Norton I

Nothing is real, Everything is

50 XP

20th July 2006

0 Uploads

7,434 Posts

0 Threads

#1861 12 years ago
AfterburnerWhy would that be exactly? Star Wars takes place BEFORE Star Trek in terms of time(if we assume that both take place in seperate galaxies int he same universe, not seperate universes) Thosands of years before in fact.

But Star trek & star wars do not take place in the same realities.They are in no way connected

werdborg

Liberated from Collective

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1862 12 years ago

IHATEREDNECKS I was merely on about that Star Wars peoples would have had to explore their galaxy anyway at some point but they've allready completed that task(the task which Star Trek Has'nt finished)Even if they are in alternate reality's they would still have to find they,re way around.Now as I've said I am a Warsie Trekker but so-far i've been Trekker biased,Star wars has a few advantages against Star Trek in a fight, so it isn't one sided. In Enterprise series 2-3 Starfleet were obviously sucker punched by the Xindi's Portals which at my estimates could do about 120,000ly's a year (Degra's ship) now imagine ships that have Class 1 Hyperdrives which can do a Milky way in a few weeks. As i've said before Star Wars rules on Ground offences but has a weapon in space that can be seriously deadly to 2370 starships, the ion cannon. In one Voyager episode 50 ion cannons forced Vger to withdraw due to equipment failure(mainly sheilds) This is probably because of all the high tech electronics which would also explain the primitive nature of Star Wars computers-they were trying to keep it simple.Sov001 because the inherent inequalities between wars and trek I would advise choosing a trek era comperable to Star Wars's technology eg the Promellians or a 2060's Earth ship or vulcan from the 1950's(see Carbon Creek Enterprise Series 2)

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1863 12 years ago

To all those warsies who believe Star Trek is a push over imagine a Sith Borg. They are now armed with Red Lightsabers, Force Lightning, Energy Sheilds and Sith nanoprobes.Sov001 in one of your previous posts you said something about 1000 ISD's being equal to 1000 NX Class, the thing is Solo said the entire "Imperial Fleet" which would either mean 10,000s of ISD's (For military of 100,000 light year galaxy) or thousands upon thousands of smaller ships. The CIS during the Clone Wars produced 1000's of Recusant Class Light Destroyers and Munificent Class Frigates and 100's of Battleships.So you see why I think 1000 ISD's is a bit to small. We now need to find how big the Imperial fleet is as this would determine how much more powerfull trek is

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1864 12 years ago
werdborgTo all those warsies who believe Star Trek is a push over imagine a Sith Borg. They are now armed with Red Lightsabers, Force Lightning, Energy Sheilds and Sith nanoprobes.Sov001 in one of your previous posts you said something about 1000 ISD's being equal to 1000 NX Class, the thing is Solo said the entire "Imperial Fleet" which would either mean 10,000s of ISD's (For military of 100,000 light year galaxy) or thousands upon thousands of smaller ships. The CIS during the Clone Wars produced 1000's of Recusant Class Light Destroyers and Munificent Class Frigates and 100's of Battleships.So you see why I think 1000 ISD's is a bit to small. We now need to find how big the Imperial fleet is as this would determine how much more powerfull trek is

If I remember correctly the Imperial fleet has something like 30,000 ISDs, and that is just ISDs. Then factor in the SSDs(there were quite a few) the VSDs(fairly obsolete, but still packs a punch) Carracks, Lancers, Carriers, and Fighters(hundreds of thoansands, even millions of Tie fighters have to exsist to fill those capital ships and as planetary garrisons), and don't forget the countless Imperial super weapons. You'll only find EU references to the size of the Imperial fleet, as far as I know.

I'm no expert on Star Wars though, just going by what I remember from books and games.

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1865 12 years ago

Here is ST-V-SW.Nets opinion http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWdsimpfleetsize.htmlAfterburner this is more or less the figures you gave which so far points to nx01 being 30 times stronger than ISD and 2 times stronger than SSD. My advice for all warsies out there is to design your own ships for a future Star wars who is at around the same tech as Starfleet but leave the Hyperdrives alone-they allready outclass Star Trek for speed

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1866 12 years ago

Don't forget to factor in the superweapons.

The suncrusher alone is quite... powerful.

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1867 12 years ago

Afterburner what do you think of my idea of warsies creating future ships to match up with trek

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1868 12 years ago

A stupid idea. Star Wars is Star Wars, it shouldn't be trying to do anything in realtionship to Star Trek. Argue the pros and cons of the two series, but don't try to change the shows just because someone else says what they like is better.

I like Star Wars because it is Star Wars, if it became a clone of Star Trek it would be boring as hell, and would fail miserably. The entire discussion is really moot in reality. They are seperate by thosands of years of time, and thosands of light-years of distance. They are two seperate entities that were created and grew up isolated from eachother. This applies to both the shows themselves, and the galaxies the shows take place in.

Star Wars is Star Wars, Star Trek is Star Trek, the best one is the one you happen to like best.

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1869 12 years ago

Honest answer, instead of the arguement between who is more powerful ST or SW perhaps there should be Sw battles that were never meant to be eg CIS vs The Rebels,Republic vs the Empire ,The republic vs The Rebels

werdborg

50 XP

27th June 2006

0 Uploads

644 Posts

0 Threads

#1870 12 years ago

I thought that the whole idea of Star Trek vs Star wars was that they would have to meet since for a true comparrison ther would be a need to test. After going back through the Next Generation Eps I recall a war involving the Promellians and the Menthar (in around 1370) whereby the final battle resulted in the anhillation of both species and the destruction of the planet Orellius IX.Picard stated that this was an amazing acomplishment using such primative weaponary, this suggests to me that since both were Empires( and would have had large navy's) and they were probably using most of they're fleet that these 2 would be comparable to SW tech