The Conjouring 2 14 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,285 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,457 Posts

1,700 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Went to see this yesterday.

It was impressed by the accurate re-creation of the British Rail Mk 3. carriage.

The rest of the film was pretty good for a horror film. It made for a change of pace as it didn't spend half the film having one character seeing things, assuming they were going insane, then trying to tell other people who didn't believe them, and so on. This ghost wasn't shy at all, and I kinda like that.

The weird thing though was the recording over the credits at the end, which was supposedly a genuine recording (the film is based on a "true" story) - kinda creepy, but not sure how true it is?

It's based on something called The Enfield Pltergeist, but how true that story is, well, heh.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I think I saw a trailer for this, and was actually impressed at how interesting it looks. 

I say "think", because the Danish name is "Natten's Dæmoner"(literally translated; Demon's of the Night). And yeah, always take "based on a true story" with a grain of salt. Or rock salt in this case, I 'spose. A good horror movie is always welcome!

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Hiring Marilyn Manson as the Nun was genius.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I don't mean to be pretentious, but I've gotten so tired of horror movies recently. Feels like most of them rely on too much jump scares and recycled plots and tropes I've seen way too many times over by now.

Not to say I don't enjoy horror movies though. But if I may ask, is this another one of those that heavily relies on the jump scare or does it do a good job at laying a creepy enough atmosphere?

qjyUJrq.png

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

It's a James Wan movie. There's Jump scares but it doesn't rely on it.

It's practically a creep fest.

FileTrekker Über Admin

267,285 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,457 Posts

1,700 Threads

#6 2 years ago

"Silberio"I don't mean to be pretentious, but I've gotten so tired of horror movies recently. Feels like most of them rely on too much jump scares and recycled plots and tropes I've seen way too many times over by now.

Not to say I don't enjoy horror movies though. But if I may ask, is this another one of those that heavily relies on the jump scare or does it do a good job at laying a creepy enough atmosphere?

Mix of both. It's got it's obvious jump scare moments in it.

But there's just some creepy weird shit in there too. It doesn't hang around building up tension forever and ever and ever though like Paranormal Activity, which just put me to sleep tbh. 

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,744 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,216 Posts

2 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"FileTrekker"

"Silberio"I don't mean to be pretentious, but I've gotten so tired of horror movies recently. Feels like most of them rely on too much jump scares and recycled plots and tropes I've seen way too many times over by now.

Mix of both. It's got it's obvious jump scare moments in it.

But there's just some creepy weird shit in there too. It doesn't hang around building up tension forever and ever and ever though like Paranormal Activity, which just put me to sleep tbh. 

Yeah, I never watched Paranormal Activity due to the terrible critique it got. Just didn't seem like something I'd personally enjoy. The Conjuring is the sequel to Anabelle right? Because that one seemed pretty cool when I watched it (the first time at least. I've watched it like 7 more times because of my partners daughter xP ). Is it comparable in any way?

qjyUJrq.png

FileTrekker Über Admin

267,285 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,457 Posts

1,700 Threads

#8 2 years ago
The Conjuring is the sequel to Anabelle right?

It's the other way around, I think, but yeah they're by the same director etc. but it's hard to keep track considering how fast they pump these movies out lol.

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

No. Annabelle was a spin-off to the conjuring series. And James Wan was not involved on that one.(He was busy making the latest Fast and furious movie at the time)

He also is the director of Star Trek's into the Beyond.

FileTrekker Über Admin

267,285 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,457 Posts

1,700 Threads

#10 2 years ago

"Lord Rumpuss V"No. Annabelle was a spin-off to the conjuring series. And James Wan was not involved on that one.(He was busy making the latest Fast and furious movie at the time)

He also is the director of Star Trek's into the Beyond.

......wut?

Spoiler: Show
Justin Lin directed Star Trek: Beyond, not James Wan...