Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#1 1 year ago
FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,182 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,453 Posts

1,698 Threads

#2 1 year ago

Yeah, I just heard this on the news this morning.

John Hurt was an incredible actor.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,232 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,113 Posts

1,329 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I've never seen a performance of his that he wasn't fantastic in.

He will be missed.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#4 1 year ago

Personally, I was really wanting to see more of the War Doctor. His episodes more or less stated that was The Doctor in an old age, before his first regeneration. Supposedly, The Doctor can only have 13 regenerations, and Peter Capaldi is supposedly Doctor 12.

Even still, does he effectively count as the first Doctor? If so, that would have made Peter Capaldi actually be Doctor 13. And that is not counting the fact that Doctor 10 had that one regeneration where he kept the same face. Plus, these is the simple fact that 10 and 11 both regenerated during the regular season end AND the Christmas Special. So, which regeneration is the actual regeneration? Which one is the canon end?

So many questions that will be never get answered....

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 1 year ago

Outside of his role as the War Doctor, I wasn't too familiar with his work. I know he had a role in the first Alien movie, as well as in V for Vendetta. But I have unfortunately never seen much of his other work. That said, I did very much appreciate his acting, and it's always sad to see the world lose another great actor.

"Lindale"Personally, I was really wanting to see more of the War Doctor. His episodes more or less stated that was The Doctor in an old age, before his first regeneration. Supposedly, The Doctor can only have 13 regenerations, and Peter Capaldi is supposedly Doctor 12.

Even still, does he effectively count as the first Doctor? If so, that would have made Peter Capaldi actually be Doctor 13. And that is not counting the fact that Doctor 10 had that one regeneration where he kept the same face. Plus, these is the simple fact that 10 and 11 both regenerated during the regular season end AND the Christmas Special. So, which regeneration is the actual regeneration? Which one is the canon end?

So many questions that will be never get answered....

The War Doctor isn't considered one of the "regular" incarnations, but chronologically he's the ninth. The Night of the Doctor shows the Eighth Doctor regenerate into the War Doctor, as the Sisterhood of Karn needed someone who could end the Time War. I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to the 10th and 11th doctors, though. 

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,790 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#6 1 year ago

The Night of the Doctor makes no sense to me. Doctor 9 was Christopher Eccleston. He was then followed by David Tennant, then Matt Smith, then Peter Capaldi.

If you remember the episode "The Name of the Doctor," The Doctor returned to Trenzalore. He looked at the War Doctor, and essentially indicated it was an earlier regeneration of him. The screen then did a "Introducing John Hurt as The War Doctor."

So, if The War Doctor is supposedly Doctor 9, why would he be getting an introduction in Matt Smith era if The War Doctor supposedly has already been and gone? And if he is Doctor 9, what does that do to the Christopher Eccleston era?

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Chribolski VIP Member

No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#7 1 year ago

"Lindale"The Night of the Doctor makes no sense to me. Doctor 9 was Christopher Eccleston. He was then followed by David Tennant, then Matt Smith, then Peter Capaldi.

If you remember the episode "The Name of the Doctor," The Doctor returned to Trenzalore. He looked at the War Doctor, and essentially indicated it was an earlier regeneration of him. The screen then did a "Introducing John Hurt as The War Doctor."

So, if The War Doctor is supposedly Doctor 9, why would he be getting an introduction in Matt Smith era if The War Doctor supposedly has already been and gone? And if he is Doctor 9, what does that do to the Christopher Eccleston era?

Because the Time War wasn't covered until Day of the Doctor, and as such the circumstances surrounding it weren't revealed til then, and the Doctor wanted to bury the War Doctor as he felt he'd committed a huge atrocity under his guise, hence why Eleven says, "But not in the name of the Doctor" to him in the eponymous episode.

MCFC OK!