The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#1 2 years ago

(book need not apply)

So, what book are you reading right now, and what do you think of it?

I'm currently reading The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. My goodness. It's an experience, honestly. Very short, only something like 50 pages. But what a masterpiece. I'm not a religious person at all, but this book has made me consider what spirituality means to me, and how I can apply the idea of a healthy mind to a life without faith. Quite possible, I should say.

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,126 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Books still exist? What year is this?

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

NubSmoo

50 XP

3rd May 2016

1 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Recently read harry potter, knights of the universe, now reading Doctor Who books, Star Wars Darth Bane Rule of Two, Final Fntasy VII Unofficial Novelisation. Plan to read The Sword of Truth as well. 

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA),Case: Raidmax ATX (B

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Praetorian of Dorn really good but the plot is a little  to straightforward but good none the less.

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,910 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,880 Posts

218 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Last BOOK I read was the new Harry Potter book, which was passable at best.

I mainly listen to audiobooks. I enjoy Stephen Fry's stuff, and mainly fantasy. I listen to books I've already read like A Song of Ice and Fire, the Inheritance Cycle and the like. So fantasy and Autobiographys.

I really liked Michael Mcintyre's Autobiography. You should check that out if it is your thing.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

Silberio VIP Member

Bourée

392,819 XP

9th October 2007

0 Uploads

37,218 Posts

4 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Currently, Eat The Document by Dana Spiotta. Really loving the setting and all; the depiction of some of the characters' mental processes (like anxiety, depression, etc) are really, really spot-on/relatable IMO, which makes it a very interesting and real read.

"Serio"(book need not apply)

So, what book are you reading right now, and what do you think of it?

I'm currently reading The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. My goodness. It's an experience, honestly. Very short, only something like 50 pages. But what a masterpiece. I'm not a religious person at all, but this book has made me consider what spirituality means to me, and how I can apply the idea of a healthy mind to a life without faith. Quite possible, I should say.

I've been so interested in that book! Just wanted to add that.

qjyUJrq.png

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#7 2 years ago
"Silberio"I've been so interested in that book! Just wanted to add that.

It's really good. I'm not totally done with it, but almost. Despite being written almost a century ago, it feels really contemporary.

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Submission by MIchel Houellebecq. I don't usually read or like this type of book, but it was recommended to me by a clever person. And I like it. It is well written and makes some uncomfortabel but important points. The story of its publication alone makes it stand out in a somewhat scary way. I only read about half of it so far, so difficult to judge it without seeing which direction it takes.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#9 2 years ago

My reading content varies dramatically from day-to-day, but I guess the one I've been reading most consistently as of late is Moyers on Democracy by journalist Bill Moyers.  He was Press Secretary during the LBJ years and has basically compiled many year's worth of speeches and musings.  It's pretty interesting stuff and gives a good look at what we faced during Vietnam vs. now and especially where we're going as a nation.  

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Barbas

Hound dog

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

440 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

Monstrous Regiment, by Terry Pratchett. One of the finest and wittiest fantasy writers ever to walk the hallowed soil of England.

Calvin%2B%2526%2BHobbes%2Bsnow%2Bforts.jpg