dirty deeds

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

7th May 2007

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I thought that it was great visually. The guy who played Xerxes was good (does anybody think he's nearly as tall as they make him out to be?), and of course Gerard Butler was fantastic. I would give it a 5 out of 5.

Did you guys see the D-Yikes episode of South Park? It was a parody of 300 and was hilarious.

crystal_ice_prism18

I post to get attention

50 XP

23rd March 2006

0 Uploads

74 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I honestly loved 300! It was such a testosterone driven bloodbath of pure adrenaline action! What is your take on it?

Overwatch

Woot!

50 XP

6th June 2005

0 Uploads

1,189 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

It was good, I think the leading lady and main actor were good, but outside that the other actors weren't so good, I also think that there were some minor problems with the Persians, when I read a review and the guy specified that all of the enemies were either; black, brown or physically scarred, it presented some pretty awful ethics. But just as long as you think of it as entertainment I think it's all okay. Aside from the monsters, it was actually extremely accurate; from the characters to the dialog and structure of events.

ice_mentos

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

22nd November 2006

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

loved it, but leonidas shouted too much

Octovon

Spaceman

54,945 XP

5th August 2003

0 Uploads

5,317 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Meh, I know it was based on a 'graphic novel' and it lived up to that fact, but being a classical history major, I dislike the obvious historical inaccuracies related to it being produced from such a work of fiction. The Immortals (aside from being nothing like their historical basis) when de-masked looked like orcs and uruks straight out of Peter Jackson's LotR trilogy.

6/10 - and thats being generous on my part.

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

^True as an action film it deserved applause and much more.. But for being historically accurate?? I'de rather watch the 300 spartans.(classic)

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Sovereign002 VIP Member

Adeptus Moderatus We purge with chain and bolter

105,915 XP

22nd May 2005

0 Uploads

10,044 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

We all knew it wouldn't be historic from the beginning. (or atleast I knew) If you're not looking for a hitiric correct movie than it was simply awesome. Never seen much action and slowmotion moves in my live. I definately gets a 10/10 from me!

Too bad some of my classmates actually believe the numbers are historically correct. :(

sovereignwarhammer.jpg

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago
dirty deeds;3665084The guy who played Xerxes was good (does anybody think he's nearly as tall as they make him out to be?), and of course Gerard Butler was fantastic.[/quote]:lol: That Persian God? He was a tall lanky fella :p Kinda reminded me of a Goa'uld from Stargate (with the voice). [quote=Sovereign002;3670214]Too bad some of my classmates actually believe the numbers are historically correct.

:lol: But yeah, I saw this some time ago, and I thought it was a wicked movie. The way the soilders worked together was brilliant. They totally kicked ass :lol:

Jeff Über Admin

I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️??

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#9 11 years ago

I'm a fan of history.. so I'll let that be my response to what I thought of it.

Product Manager | GameFront.com

VOP2288

I'm Bill Pardy...

50 XP

19th August 2004

0 Uploads

640 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

300 was great. If you think for yourself and just watch the movie and you happen to enjoy it you'll get a better sense of what the movie was rather then listening to critics and others which have done nothing but say 300 was a racist, inaccurate, war glorifying, video game of a movie.

I love history as much as anyone here but come on...did you really expect accuracy? No. And if you did then you're kinda ignorant to what's going on around you.

I'de rather watch the 300 spartans.(classic)

Are you kidding? The 300 Spartans was WAY more accurate than 300 but it was so boring and absolutely hysterical (between the script, the bad acting, the horrible fighting scenes, and the general "oldness" of the film) I did think it was funny how Xeres still had his love shack in both films though.