What were your favourite movies of the year so far? 7 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,296 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I particularly have enjoyed Star Trek Beyond more than I expected, I also enjoyed Deadpool a lot, and Suicide Squad was pretty good IMHO, though I know some people aren't fond of it.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

NubSmoo

50 XP

3rd May 2016

1 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Batman vs Superman, Deadpool, Suicide Squad,  X-Men Apocalypse Batman The Killing Joke and Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XIV. I'm excited to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them :D

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA),Case: Raidmax ATX (B

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

241,124 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,429 Posts

2 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I may be one of the very few, but I very much enjoyed Independence Day 2.

I also very much liked the new Bourne movie.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

The first 75% of Deadpool was totally awesome, didn't like the end sequence though. I think overall The Nice Guys is my favourite so far, it was a fun film with good characters and a plot that made sense, which I can't say for most superhero films so far. It didn't take itself too seriously and had a real noir feel to it without being so overtly obvious as many modern day attempts at noir. It feels like it belongs with the like of Pulp Fiction or Heat but without any of the memorable stand out scenes, seems like an odd comparison in that way but I was entirely satisfied by it without really remembering any one knock out scene. The pairing of Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe was a brilliant combination that felt like a believable combo.

I don't know, there haven't really been any outrageously good films this year. The Martian basically stole 2015 without a doubt and that was late into the year so maybe something else will do the same.  

Primarch Vulkan VIP Member

For the Emperor! Knights of Caliban!

154,320 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

13,497 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Captain America Civil war. Loved the fight scene even more with Spider-man. 

[color=#000000][size=2][b][i]Heralds of the coming doom, Like the cry of the Raven, we are drawn, This oath of war and vengeance, On a blade of exalted iron sworn, With blood anointed swords

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,400 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#6 2 years ago

Pretty sure I've only seen three movies this year.

Deadpool, Zootopia and Kung Fu Panda 3.

Deadpool was the best. Only saw the other two because I had two free rentals on Vudu and they just happened to be on the rather shitty list of movies to choose from.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#7 2 years ago

"Lindale"I may be one of the very few, but I very much enjoyed Independence Day 2.

I also very much liked the new Bourne movie.[/quote]

ID: 2 was...well, I kind of liked it because I knew what it was going to be.  I mean, I love the original Independence Day because it's so silly.  However, it seemed to me like an even more simplistic version of the original.  I still had fun with it, but it's hardly great cinema.  

Same thing with Jason Bourne.  I had a lot of fun with it because it's a Bourne movie, but it felt largely unnecessary.  And that's the problem with most movies nowadays is that they feel very unnecessary.  

I did love Deadpool.  If for no other reason than because it did NOT take itself seriously at all and just had fun with the material.  I'm trying to recall a time when movies were free of modern-day cynicism and just focused on being entertaining as opposed to the insecure nonsense like Transformers.

[quote="RadioActiveLobster"]Pretty sure I've only seen three movies this year.

Deadpool, Zootopia and Kung Fu Panda 3.

Deadpool was the best. Only saw the other two because I had two free rentals on Vudu and they just happened to be on the rather shitty list of movies to choose from.

Wash your mouth out!  Zootopia was awesome!

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,889 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,878 Posts

218 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Sadly I havent been the to cinema since I saw the directors cut of the last star trek - into darkness.

I really wanted to see Zootopia and Finding Dory in the cinema, but someone doesnt want to go to the cinema cos it's a "waste of money".

SIGH.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer