No chance, you metal bastard

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Hello.

Welcome to the wrestling topic, where we can talk about sweaty men in spandex throwing one another around.

Myself and FileTrekker are large wrestling fans as we both grew up watching Stone Cold and The Rock in school.

It's come to my attention that a few other people might be interested in discussing the 'biz' as it were.

So, I'll start.

PAYBACK THOUGHTS.

I thought this was a solid show, not a bad match on the card but at the same time, it didn't progress anything story-wise. 

Reigns is in desperate need of a heel turn. Cena did not get booed as loudly as he is, during his career, and that, my friends is not good.

I'm unconvinced this fellow can replace -

But what are your thoughts? Memories? Share them all.

MCFC OK!

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

The problem with Roman is that it's as clear as day that  they're  building him up to be the next "Rock" minus the mic skills. (Since I suspect they're getting stingy paying Dwayne Johnson's paycheck as it increases with his Hollywood status.)

I was interested when they were pushing The Wyatt's but now that WWE is into the train wreck that is Reigns I guess it's all going downhill again.

I think they should just split the two brands (Raw and Smackdown) thematically. Raw for a more adult audience and Smackdown for the Kiddies.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Lord Rumpuss V The problem with Roman is that it's as clear as day that  they're  building him up to be the next "Rock" minus the mic skills. (Since I suspect they're getting stingy paying Dwayne Johnson's paycheck as it increases with his Hollywood status.)

I was interested when they were pushing The Wyatt's but now that WWE is into the train wreck that is Reigns I guess it's all going downhill again.

I think they should just split the two brands (Raw and Smackdown) thematically. Raw for a more adult audience and Smackdown for the Kiddies.

Well, it looked like they were gonna do a Brand Split at Payback, then they swerved us.

But I think eventually it might still end up this way. Possibly after SummerSlam, Shane and Trippers match will happen.

MCFC OK!

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,273 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,456 Posts

1,700 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Yeah, this Shane / Stephanie angle can only really end in a brand split.

I really don't understand why WWE continue to push Roman when the fans push back. It seems to be considered the in thing among WWE vetrans (i.e. Chris Jericho) to decided that fans of a certain age or a certain level of knowledge will boo for the sake of booing therefor their view does not matter.

It's a dangerous philosophy IMO. They really need to do something with Reigns before he turns into a less charismatic John Cena circa 2006.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

HimoHawk

MOT

50 XP

2nd May 2005

0 Uploads

370 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

Seems bizarre that these days the 'developmental' territory NXT is showing the main shows how to book properly.

NXT logic: Introduce Enzo and Cass as a loudmouth/physically intimidating heel team. The fans take to them and  start cheering and what does management do? Turns them face. Now they're (arguably) the top team in the promotion. Eva Marie introduced with a saccharine babyface promo and the fans slay her. What does management do? Turns her heel. Now she's (arguably) the promotion's top female heel.

Main roster introduces Kevin Owens as a powerhouse heel. The fans take to him and cheer and what do management do? Continue to push as a heel which is fine, but fans want him to beat his (usually babyface) opponent and that makes very little sense. Reigns pushed as white meat babyface, fans push back LOUD. What do management do? Continue the babyface push and fans keep booing. What do they expect?

Makes NO sense. NXT booking being called 'old school' is a misnomer. It's not old-school it's just logical and makes sense!

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#6 2 years ago

I think Reigns is tweening. He's still boring. But he's THE GUY.

...Yeah.

MCFC OK!

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#7 2 years ago

I remember when Sting got signed up everybody was expecting 'Taker Vs. Sting.

Then the biggest baby of them all (Triple H) had to step in and steal the thunder.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#8 2 years ago

Thoughts on last night's RAW?

I think RAW has been good since Wrestlemania, given how bad Wrestlemania was this year, this can only be a good thing. A lot of good wrestling and everyone seems to be having a reason to do stuff, other than two guys turn up and feud.

Too much time being given to McMahon's though.

MCFC OK!

Chribolski VIP Member

211 XP

17th August 2010

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

2 Threads

#9 2 years ago

EXTREME RULES.

Predictions?

MCFC OK!

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,273 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,456 Posts

1,700 Threads

#10 2 years ago

I predict

Spoiler: Show
John-Cena-john-cena-2116150-1280-1024.jpg

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com