I need help -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

I need help with installing mod to the game.I dont understand this Instructions: Extract to the Oblivion\Data folder and check it off from the Data Files option when you start Oblivion.Can somebody please help me?

uberhen

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

21st September 2006

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

if the mod is in a zip file, double click on it, then click next. then, click browse..., and enter the correct path of where your /data folder is. after it has been extracted, start up the game. click on data files, and if you extracted the mod successfully, it should show up here; just click on its checkbox next to it to activate it. when you install a mod, though, you might need to start a new game instead of loading up a saved one.

Reekris

Formerly Red Rebel

60,555 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

5,413 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I'll assume you know absolutely nothing about this, just to be safe.

You downloaded a .zip file. You need a prgram like WinZip to open it. If you use WinZip, open the .zip, select all the files, right-click, click extract. Select your Oblivion\Data folder (Default path is c:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data), and click extract.*

Now run the game. In the launcher, there is an option called "Data Files" Click it. A window pops up with the Mods you have. You can't deselct "Oblivion.esm", so don't try to. Double click the Mod(s) you want to activate (the box to its left should then be marked). Play the game.

*A few mods include the "Data" folder. On the right side of WinZip, if the Path starts with "Data", extract the files into the "Oblivion" folder (the one before Data).

If you need any more help, just ask.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

Thanks its working now :)