Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Ok, this is the second time this has happened: I started a new game in Oblivion for the second time and after playing for a few days I get an error message saying "Save is version 0.00 and game version is 0.125 errors may occur" and then it asks if I want to continue anyway, so I click yes and then it says the save is corrupted, and whenever I click on the load button to try and load another game it crashes. Is there any way to recover my old save? Cause I really don't want to have to keep starting new games over and over.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

Sounds like maybe you patched in the middle of a game? If so, the only options you may have are trying to click on the patch again to see if it will uninstall (some do, some don't), or maybe try restarting a level via a console command or if the game possibly has a feature to select a certain level or mission to play. I know the latter may not be applicable because most RPG games are quite complex with save data concerning skills, upgrades, etc.

In short, never patch an RPG game unless you know your saves will still work, and even then it's best to backup the game files first in case they don't.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#3 9 years ago

That's the thing, I didn't patch it :confused: it just randomly did that. Unless maybe there's some kinda weird auto update feature, but I don't think it has that. Well, I'll try using a console command. Thanks for your input.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#4 9 years ago

Oblivion:Technical Support - UESPWiki

Fourth down;

Problem I was playing oblivion in my PC and suddenly there was a power outage in my house. My No-Break didn't function as well as I expected so the PC rebooted. When I tried to run the game again I could initiate the game, but my saved games weren't running. The following message pops up: "Save game version is 0.00 and current version is 0.125, so errors may ocurr." I did the solution from the problem above, and now when a press Load in the main menu the game crashes. What should I do?

Cause Your saved game has been partially corrupted but is valid enough to show on your load screen.

Solution (You will probably need to do this from Explorer rather than the in-game menu) Delete your most recently-saved game then re-load Oblivion and try again.

There doesn't seem to be much you can do about it. Is this the GoTY version, and in that case did you attempt to patch it? If so, that might be part of the problem.

And this is more appropiate for the TES section.

:moved:

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#5 9 years ago

It is the Goty edition, and no I didn't try to patch it. That's what's really weird.