Hi. I want to make my own sound mod. I want to extract a sound bit from a movie and use as a weapons sound in MOHAA and Spearhead. How do I do that? Which tools do I need for extracting the sound? Thanks in advance.
I would also like to know.
I would like to know also. Just tell us what we need to do it? I would love to know how. And if you don't want to write out how to do it maybe there is a link you can give that does show how to do it.
Makin sounds is easy, after u get the hang of it....
1. Get Pakscape, i dont have a link to where it might be so just go to google and type Pakscape...i downloaded mine from an Italian site...guess i got lucky.
2. Once you get Pakscape go to mohaa\main or mohaa\mainta (main for allied assault and mainta for Spearhead). Open up pak3.pk3. If you did this right you should see the folder "sound" on the screen. Double click on that folder and then you will see more folders. Click on the "weapons" folder. Then you should see a bunch of other folders. Click on one and start playing the sounds. All the sounds you hear are from the game. But thats just the beggining........
3. Now create a new .pk3 by clicking in the menu File=New. Once you've clicked on that you should see an empty file with Untitled as the name. Now go to object=new directory. Thats the button you press to create a new directory. Click it. Once you do you should see something that says "New Directory". If you want to make a sound mod, and in this case you do, rename it "sound". After that double click and create another directory called "weapons". Double click. Create a folder called "fire". Save it.
4. Almost there. Now get a sound that you want to put in the game (Bursts of weapons wont work it has to be a single shot). Save that sound onto the desktop. Lets say i have a Thompson sound and i want to put it in the game. As you saw earlier while you were browsing through the sounds in the game they all had specific names. The Thompson sound is called ThompsonFire1.wav. Now go to sound/weapons/fire in the .pk3 file you made. Once in the "fire" folder copy and paste that thompson sound into that folder. Now rename it "ThompsonFire1.wav". Save it, place it in the Mohaa/main for Allied Assault and Mohaa/mainta for Spearhead. Thats about it.........
5. If you have any problems just say so on this thread, or if you want my email is [email]email@example.com[/email]. Go get em
thnx i just maked my own soundmod but it was taking a wile because i didnt know the name for the german sniper (g43) but i even changed that sound if you want to have the mod my msn is [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email]
Ahh finally thank you!!! I'll get right to trying out making sounds!!!! :bows:
Here is a link with weapon sounds i made my own a cuope mounths ago but the sound comes up to be a brust so you need to get a good sound editing program the best is cool edit 2000 that will allow you too edit em and delate parts of it and its a very good program good luck. http://www.rcexchange.com/html/weapons.html
does anybody know what name i need to use for the mortar???
dennis_15does anybody know what name i need to use for the mortar???
well u know what i cant find it neyer lol well do u need it for AA or SH i cant find it in AA ill try to look in SH. -serg