Somewhere Outhere, Im Watching

50 XP

26th November 2005

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

:eek: Please Someone HELP!!!

Just put on my PC.. & did the usual & loaded ET.. Start up was OK.. Left clicked on mouse button to get the join online game screen & all I have is a [COLOR=DarkOrange]ORANGE [COLOR=Black]square around the edge of the screen & blackness inside.. The cursors has now become a [COLOR=Lime]GREEN [COLOR=Black]4 poionted star.. The first thing I did was to repair & then Unistall & reinstall the game.. Yet nothing? I am SOOO cunfused.. Have I picked up a bug or something? Do I need to do something with the ETMain file or something?. The one thing I did notice is that when I reinstalled.. The ETMain file had not changed.. It still had all my Maps & stuff..

I need a drink..:beer:

Im stressed now that I cant play:uhoh: [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Tvoinpyer

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

29th February 2004

0 Uploads

379 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Your right that the etmain map has not changed. When you uninstall the game it deletes only the files installed by the installer and the patch. Not the ones you downloaded to the game. Those are custom maps mods etc.

What you can do is check if there is any pk3 file in the etmain folder that’s out of the ordinary. Pak0, pak1, pak2 and mp_bin.pk3 are official needed by the game so don't delete them. If you don't mind reinstalling again you should first. Uninstall the game. Then delete your wolfenstein folder. Off cource keep any file you want, maps configs. Then install.

You can check another opengl game if it is not hardware/driver related.

Wolf666Man

50 XP

26th November 2005

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Hi Tv,

Thanks for that.. I had done what you said & have installed ET again.. I have kept the ET main file & really dont want to risk any way of putting the bad stuff back in? Also with the copy I took. There was no pak0, pak1 or pak2 files but i did find the mp_bin file.. Should I go through the files 1 by 1 & see what happens? I think most of the maps & mods I have are OK but I duuno? what do you think..

Thanks again.

Wolf666Man

50 XP

26th November 2005

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Hi Tv,

Just a short line to say that I tried & it folded again.. Im just going to have to start again with the mods & maps.. I suppose the best way is to go online & get them from game..

Thanks for all your help..