I love FEAR, but there are a few things I just didn't like...
1) No ironsights. I know it's a CQB game and all for a vast majority of it, but still, the fact that they HAD the sights and didn't use them was a bit of a downer. I thought the RPL SMG's sights would rock.
2) Can't sprint. Makes getting away from grenades a pain.
3) AI chatting was great but could be off. One man convo's, for the most part, and very delayed responses sometimes.
4) You never SPEAK. At ALL. I'm fine with a silent protaganist, but hell, you never tell ANYONE about the strange shit you see, even when it answers questions they have, and during the xpack Holiday thinks you're dead, dispite you having a freaking head set.
I saw the use of Iron sights on the MP5 in some early trailers of fear so I too was surprised that that feature was not included. Yeah not sprinting was a bit of a downer but I managed to get a way of a fair share of grenades without it. The AI chat was there but it wasn't meant to be perfect, I still find F.E.A.R.'s better then Farcry's. The whole not speaking part was designed to immerse the player that they were playing as them not as some character they invented.
Alright lets see here.
1. Press the shift button, thats as close as your gona get to iron sight. 2. Press H, you can sprint but you have no weapon out. You can punch people still and throw gernades. You will run a lot faster too. 4. A lot of games are doing this and it makes it easy for them to change things in the sequels.
Thanks to your post and knowledge that a good game WITHOUT ironsights is available, I downloaded and installed. Ironsights killed many games for me..including games like COD, RedOrchestra. Ironsights hinder my view, wastes time getting the sight up and I loose precious seconds getting a shot off. bobzilla (mapper)