FEAR and the GeForce 7300 LE -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

I have an Intel Duo (2x1.86 GHz), 2 GB RAM, and a Geforce 7300 LE (the comp was a gift and pretty nice for one). I bought FEAR thinking it would run OK. It only runs decently (20-25 fps) at 800x600 with mostly medium settings, no AA or anistropic filtering. Then I realized that the card was not listed in the supported chipsets on the box, but I knew I had seen various posters on various sites mention that they played FEAR with the 7300 LE at a good framerate at 1280x1024 and at least 2xAA. I installed ForceWare 97.31 and set the profile for FEAR, but the changes didn't apply in the game, suggesting that the program isn't even recognizing the card. Does anyone know if there's a way to get FEAR to work with my 7300 LE?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 11 years ago

i hate to say it, but there really isnt much i can do to help, i got a GeForce 8800 GTS and have no trouble with FEAR at all, if i could help i would, but i got no answers to your problem

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

Hello All,

I Got the Same Problem, GeForce 7300LE with 256MB, Intel Dual Core 1.8 and 2 GB Ram, and F.E.A.R. Game, Please if any knows a way to run this game in a decent rate, let us know. buaaaaaaaa buaaaaaaa :bawl::bawl::bawl:

1000 Thk's.

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

You may be able to get away with changing the setting in the configs to a higher card rating.... This is a little iffy ...

I would begin by setting everything to low, and then edging upward .....SLOWLY ....

00Aero00

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

14th March 2006

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

yea spend an hour looking at all the different game settings.....when you go into it..then into advance settings there are 2 whole pages more of Effects and Physics. I had terrible framerate issues with F.E.A.R. till i tweaked my settings alot. Now i have it on medium with alot of special effects on low if not turned off, and on 1024x768x32 i get 100-80 now. Some of these effects will benefit you in gameplay as welll... Like when ppl are spraying allover the place...and usually it gets so dusty that you cant see...I still can cuz the particles are all turned down.. Makes it easier to play. :nodding:

Chrissstrahl

[dM] President/HZM Head

50 XP

21st September 2006

0 Uploads

735 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Maybe this site helps you, but it seams that the cfg tunning options are very, very, very rar for this game!!! Other settings are saved binary...

http://www.tweakguides.com/FEAR_7.html

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 11 years ago

Try uninstalling and re-installing game. If you have anything in your save folder make a copy of it so you can bring it back. I had the same problem when i installed a sound blaster x-fi. Would not see it untill i did a re-install then i was able to use the card correctly. Let me know if have any problems.

n3XusSLO

(3ds)Max Freak

50 XP

13th August 2006

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

disable shadows and volume lights and softshadowing if you have it on

SolidSnakeNL

Consoles sucks big time!

50 XP

10th March 2007

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

I have two computers (one with a GeForce 6600 and a newer one with a 7900GT). On the PC with the 6600, I set all details on Medium (and shadows completely disabled) on a resolution of 800x600x32. You should think, why 800x600 > Because FEAR is heavier then most games. So for example HL2 would run fine on 1024x768 on High, but FEAR doesnt.

Now, a 7300LE is a lot worser than this 6600 of me. Put you Textures and Video resolution to medium and Shaders on Low > Than turn Shadows off (including Soft Shadows). All effect (particles) must set to low and the Volumetric Lights must be turned off. Things like shell casings you can leave on. So basically everything must set to low, except for the Textures and video resolution. Set resolution on 800x600x32 and it should play a lot better.

And finally look for the Sound setting and try to turn on Hardware Mixing or maybe turn it off. The EAX settings will always have an negative impact on the FPS, especially with bad Sound Cards (onboard cards), so try to turn EAX off.

And of couse, keep your VGA and Soundcard Drivers up-to-date. And if you are running it at Windows Vista, than you always have a huge FPS drop, so Windows XP is still a better option for gaming!

unr3al

GF makes me horny

50 XP

29th March 2007

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago
Salty202;3477654but I knew I had seen various posters on various sites mention that they played FEAR with the 7300 LE at a good framerate at 1280x1024 and at least 2xAA.

I'd love to see where you found those posts and who posted them. LE = budget card and 7300 = low end of the spectrum. Plain and simple the card is weak. I was able to get passable frame rates at moderately high detail at 1024X768 with an ATI Radeon x850Pro (a card that completely tramples the 7300LE). Only with my new 8800GTX am I able to completely shatter the frame rate expectation. I'll post what I get now:

performancecardik3.jpg

This is with maximum everything at 1280X1024 on a 19" LCD. System specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo e6700 2GB Corsair XMS 6400 DDR2 GeForce 8800GTX 19" Viewsonic VX922 2ms Response Time 2X 300GB Maxtor Raptor SATA HDD Creative X-Fi Gamer 2X Sony DVD+/-RW Drives 1000watt BFG Power Supply Unit Zalman CPU Cooling Fan

etc...

Only with those kinds of specs am I finally able to pull max detail on everything without having to check the requirements list, or worry about how far up I can set the detail bars in the options menu.

A 7300 is a weak card. I'm not saying you need my kind of system to play F.E.A.R. well, but you will need something better. 7800's and 7900's are reasonably cheap these days...

"$151.99 - geforce 7900"

-Courtesy of PriceWatch.com