Master Neo

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd July 2006

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

i have a geforce 6800 128mb videocard...

i used dx9c, 61.77/65.73 forceware drivers & farcry 1.1/1.2 patch... then a rendering problem occurred...

while playing the "treehouse" level... a dead mercenary on the floor has 2 shadows... the first shadow rendering was correct coz it is adjacent to the dead body ...but the 2nd shadow(due to the flourescent bulb) is not rendered properly...the shadow was far away from the dead body... i think there is a problem about pixel shader rendering of shadows on 6800 cards in farcry...

...i hope this can be fixed coz it destroys the farcry gaming experience... :(

...and sometimes the lighting of the other objects are messed up... ex. the deck of the carrier, the rubber boat... and many other objects...:(

Master Neo

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd July 2006

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

people here in the forums are not helpful! :(

ichrono21

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

29th July 2004

0 Uploads

44 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

im quiting these forums, nobody likes to help out i feel your pain, best forums ive ever visited are the steampowered.com forums

doomer91

GF old man

50 XP

29th December 2003

0 Uploads

686 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

hmmm... i dont know, try to switch all the gfx options in farcry

soldierforeggs

eggs are worth defending!

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

umm have you looked at your propeties on the video card i dont know much about gforces but i have an ati you can right click on the desktop and then properties then advanced there are options here that you can mess with there may be some shader options here or evan some graphical tweaks o and if you set them higher it will degrade you preformence but improve the quality.

Pestilence64

Battlefield 2 ROX!

50 XP

15th January 2004

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

the 1.2 card was recalled, it may be the rreason for your troubles. On the official FarCry webpage the are links telling where to go to find out how to uninstall the 1.2 patch.