Help!!! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I recently got a patch (V 1.32) and have gotten an error imediatly after start up. Its an error about the video card. Now FC won't run. This is my card... ATI Radeon 9800 PR 128MB I don't know if its drivers or an old card. I have also been expiriencing other problems too... 1) On the ubisoft Intro, its freezes, and a couple minutes later it comes back on. 2) Cinimatics (BIK. Movies) do the same as above. 3) The game will just freeze and go through a couple garbled screens then come back on in a minute. I don't know if this is the same as above, with the graphics card or if its something to do with loss of ram or memory. This is my ram and memory Ram: 512MB Memory: 1GB I don't know if thats it or something else. Please help me, Im S*** outta luck here:( I don't know if reinstalling would help, but i have no custom content, just a trainer and thats it. Ill try and get a screen of the error.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

Nothing? :feedback:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

ow wow great, now it done it! It won't even run now! Nope, won't even start up now. Thanks for the support! This is making me mad, i swear, they need to make drastic fixes in this game, drastic fixes. Either that or they hate people using ATI Radeon 9800 Pro cards. Great this is all i need. Thanks for the support:madman:

PC Chipmunk VIP Member

Please don't kick.

50 XP

8th July 2005

0 Uploads

7,866 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

well all i can think of is reinstall the game,and make sure you have the latest driver on your video card your video card should run it properly and you have enough RAM,so get the latest drivers,and see if it improves

Hfx-Rebel VIP Member

AzH owns my ass

50 XP

15th March 2004

0 Uploads

10,426 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

:agreed I have used an ATi card, and have had no problems...it sounds to me like your game is corrupted or something. Like pc gamer said, reinstall the game and double check that your vid driver is updated.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

Hi same problem here have fixed by putting the old video drivers 4.9 will work good luck

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Dude. A word of advice. EVERYONE LISTEN. You don't NEED to update video drivers everytime a patch comes out. Also for game patches. Unless you play online and the server will require it. If you're only doing editing and playing singleplayer, there's no need to update. 1.32, in my honest opinion, is garbage. It doesn't fix any SP or Editor issues, and you won't see any 'wow it's all different!' in MP mode, so don't bother. ATI/Nvidia releases GFX drivers like water. It doesn't mean they're all great and bug-free. When to update? Every year. Really? Yes. Don't update everytime a new patch/hotfix comes out. It's not neccessary. Catalyst 5.1 or 5.2 for ATI. I've never used Nvidia, so I don't know what's good for it. Be VERY cautious when you download a 'patch' or 'fix' for your Graphics card or for a game. Back stuff up with Nero. Nero is god.

KnightHawk63

Sk8er

50 XP

15th December 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Ok well I'm having the same probs it sounds like... just got the game yesterday and it freezes then 'minimizes' to desktop with a VPU Recover report, your gfx card has lost contact with VPU and has to restart blah blah blah. I have an ATI Radeon X600 256mb card brand new computer everything works fine but that. I have the newest Radeon driver 5.8 and I need to find the page that shows all the older drivers so I can install the right one to fix it as in the 4.9 as a person above said. Can anyone help me fix this or find the page? I can't seem to find it.

Hfx-Rebel VIP Member

AzH owns my ass

50 XP

15th March 2004

0 Uploads

10,426 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

The reason for telling Gamehawk to update his drivers was because he never told us what driver he is using...I assumed he had an outdated driver; most of them won't play games right, or even support directX 9c) Usually when someone has their drivers up todate, they state that. @ KnightHawk63, just had a quick look, and here's what I found for 4.9 drivers 4.9 classic 4.9 +ccc 4.91 hotfix ...and before you ask, check each one for a description.

KnightHawk63

Sk8er

50 XP

15th December 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Well I fixed it by putting Anisopheric Filtering on 4 and that seemed to do the trick :\ who knows... its a strange game so I guess there are strange problems.