SSJ_SaGE_980

im calling the police

50 XP

18th July 2003

0 Uploads

2,020 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Well, I have finnaly come out of retirement. I just reinstalled 2.0, but whenever I try to play it says, "Connecting to Andromida." and nothing happens. wtf!?

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#2 14 years ago

For whatever reason, Andromeda doesn't work. You need to search for games through Gamespy. :uhm:

CorT VIP Member

,-'

50 XP

2nd April 2003

0 Uploads

21,460 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

[color=red]:uhm: yeah, you need to use gamespy....

...which is really too bad, the one time I trued Andromedea and it acctually worked all the servers were official...

riles; the vB code in your sig is wrong, backward breacket thingie. Nice gif btw :lol:[/color]

..::RedDogSeven::..

.gamer

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

339 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Andromeda does work but you have to go to your ArmyOps.ini file and change this line to read this way: [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] AllowDownloads=False ConnectionTimeout=10.0 Also remember that there is a longer delay initially (about 15 sec. or so) before the servers respond to your ping. Some times you may get nothing, however I haven't had such a problem. Also remember your filter option also doesn't work when seaching for Andromeda servers. Hope that helps, Take care.

mEkImIrMe

Happy to be back

50 XP

8th August 2002

0 Uploads

4,759 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Wow, the bigger the more bugs.

..::RedDogSeven::..

.gamer

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

339 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
mEkImIrMeWow, the bigger the more bugs.

Man isn't that the truth. Personally, my favorite map is SS, but my God, there are so many kinks to be worked out before the next update that it makes it hard to play and not be at a major disadvantage. Here are just a few: 1. Exploits- there is a spot that you can sit crouched mid way up a wall, in the corner at one spot were it is obvious your not supposed to be able to (there is a 1 to 2 inch ledge). Devs are now aware of that one. There is also a few spots were you can fire threw a texture seam (part of the cement wall). You can somewhat see someones shadow, definately hear them and fire away. I suppose return fire is possible to, once you realize what the hell is going on, although I've never seen anyone take return fire.:uhoh: 2. If someone uses the Dev/fog command at the black start screen it will create a distinct wall where the fog/sand cloud begins therefore allowing you to see OPFOR way before they see you. This command which obviously won't be included here is not detected by PB! It also is used supposedly on the Bridge maps also.:uhm: Anyways, the Devs are doing a great game and there are always gonna be the ppl while we're playing, there tring to break code and find exploits to screw the game up for everybody just so they can appear to be omni-uber!:fistpunch: Ya your right though, bugs follow new releases, but hey the game is still worth playing especially if it being done with some honest players!:nodding: Take care!