Thankyou, i bet its because of this crappy thing i got banned
Hes not in any way cheating he cant see any farther than anyone else you can tell by the pic,can you see the assault tower off in the distance... no.If no fog was on you could.Case solved argument over heh :D
I dont think the person who has the bigger and badder video card and monitor would be a cheater because he chose to spend the money and bought the best. Its not his fault if the person who has the 14 in monitor cant spot people. Though I see your point :)
When I have a bigger and badder card I will perhaps agree with you until then.....:D
I know they have the best and have paid for it it's just that we should only ban if there is a ban deliberate cheaters and those that just haven't done an update should get a warning to update and if they persist then they get banned as once you know and have had a reasonable amount of time to update then any time after that you are deliberatly cheating.
Sorry it is long winded but I was trying to get a right wording/feeling across.
Anyhow a big hey to non cheaters everywhere!:rock: and a big hey to delta for letting this thread persist!!:smokin:
geforce 4 4600 ,p4 1.6 , 512 ram, audigy 2: fps=20-50 conclusion ? dont matter how big and bad your video card it is , this game drives them to their knees .. hopefully the new engine does better ... i get better fps in battlefield with all the settings up in a omaha beach battle than i do in a single player AA ...
ok i've read all the replies to this and have a couple small things i'd like to add..
1. Thanks for somehow losing the star, i've earned mine and so have many others (though i've only seen 3 so far)
a. BTW brown star=active blue=reserve/guard (which i have)
2. Shaq, Bonds and Tiger aren't cheaters just cause they are bigger, stronger, faster..
That is called Natural ability, or natural gifts. Turning fog off on your vid card is not something everyone is able to do and not how the game is to be played. That would be like giving Bonds a metal bat while making everyone else use wood, not cool
3. While Josh may not have turned fog or haze or whatever off, he can still see better, not necessarily farther, than I can which gives him an edge. I'm lucky to see anyone near the arch unless I turn and look from the top corners of my screen which usually gives away my position and I end up getting lit up and of course I can't immediately fire cause I'm practically perpendicular to them.
Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with his card if it's made that way, don't think he should be banned or forced to get a new card because of it. Not everyone is made of money.
4. Hey PhantomSniper, I haven't looked yet but where can I find that Powerstrip? I have a GeForce 4 64MB vid card, usually get around 30 fps, pretty sure my graphics are up all the way too. AMD 1800 proc, 384 M DDR.
5. Cool forum guys, finding a lot of great info.
Originally posted by Black Dragun ...end up getting lit up...
this isnt paintball :D
Of course it's not! It's nowhere near as fun!