Unable to create viewport. Likely, this system does not meet minimum graphics hardwa -1 reply

Please wait...

curto66

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th August 2002

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Unable to create viewport. Likely, this system does not meet minimum graphics hardware/software specifications. See manual for minimum and recommended machine configuration.

History: UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

i have win98se 8mb graphic 500mhz pentium3




RocknRoll-Martian

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th August 2002

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Yeah I dont know if an 8 meg card is going to cut it. I have a geforce 2 32mb and i only average 45 fps.




Delta

Gizmo's 2nd User Title

50 XP

3rd June 2002

0 Uploads

676 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Sorry but your specs don't meet the minimum. 733mhz and 32mb geforce2 or better




tekgod01

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

That's a lot of requirements for a game. You know you pretty much leave out anyone with a computer older than 3 years?

Not that I'm comlaining, mind you. It just gives me one more excuse to go out and buy my Alienware.

One thing I've noticed in the game (personal experience only) is that on some of the levels where you're looking over a broad expanse, my video gets REALLY choppy (almost slideshow presentation-like). Even running at 800 x 600, it gets pretty bad - most notably on the Bridge and Pipeline maps.

Now that I've seen the minimum requirements, what exactly are the recommended requirements? 1GHz and a 64-Meg Video?




3777

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Originally posted by tekgod01 That's a lot of requirements for a game. You know you pretty much leave out anyone with a computer older than 3 years? Not that I'm comlaining, mind you. It just gives me one more excuse to go out and buy my Alienware. One thing I've noticed in the game (personal experience only) is that on some of the levels where you're looking over a broad expanse, my video gets REALLY choppy (almost slideshow presentation-like). Even running at 800 x 600, it gets pretty bad - most notably on the Bridge and Pipeline maps. Now that I've seen the minimum requirements, what exactly are the recommended requirements? 1GHz and a 64-Meg Video?

I've got bad news for you......... I'm using the loaded Alienware and I have the same choppyness problem with this game. The hardware doesn't help...high speed connection doesn't help either....& I too have the worst time in the bridge map. Nice to know I'm not the only one! Anyone with answers let me know on my thread. Thanks!




3777

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Just installed latest Nvidia driver from their site, now maps that were "playable" are flawless, and maps like bridge, that were junk, are now playable... so the latest driver helped quite a bit.....




tekgod01

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

Originally posted by 3777 I've got bad news for you......... I'm using the loaded Alienware and I have the same choppyness problem with this game. The hardware doesn't help...high speed connection doesn't help either....& I too have the worst time in the bridge map. Nice to know I'm not the only one! Anyone with answers let me know on my thread. Thanks!

One thing I've seen is that the game runs a lot better if nothing else has been started or is currently running. When I'm ready to play, I turn the computer off to clean up any TSR programs. I let it sit there for a good 30 seconds so everything in memory is completely wiped out. Then I start up the 'puter, don't start anything else and play AA. Running it at 800x600 usually does ok for about an hour before it starts getting the choppy feeling.

Also, especially on the bridge, I run into the slideshow when running from the start point to the tower on assault. When I start, I look down at the ground until I'm to the tower and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I have to be careful looking around when I'm on the sides of the bridge because looking into the great nothingness has actually froze my guy for a solid 20 seconds, when it's really bad.

It's looking like maybe running this thing on a very high-end video card is the way to go, then. Maybe 128MB RAM? Running GeForce4 Ti?

:eek: Holy crap. I took a look at Best Buy's prices... VisionTek GeForce4 Ti 4600 (currently top of the line) $329.99! Oh wait. You get a $30.00 mail-in rebate. Hell, sign me up then. Now that it's under $300.00, I can break out my piggy bank. Sweet.

Oh, behave. :spank:




3777

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

20th August 2002

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Originally posted by tekgod01 One thing I've seen is that the game runs a lot better if nothing else has been started or is currently running. When I'm ready to play, I turn the computer off to clean up any TSR programs. I let it sit there for a good 30 seconds so everything in memory is completely wiped out. Then I start up the 'puter, don't start anything else and play AA. Running it at 800x600 usually does ok for about an hour before it starts getting the choppy feeling. Also, especially on the bridge, I run into the slideshow when running from the start point to the tower on assault. When I start, I look down at the ground until I'm to the tower and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I have to be careful looking around when I'm on the sides of the bridge because looking into the great nothingness has actually froze my guy for a solid 20 seconds, when it's really bad. It's looking like maybe running this thing on a very high-end video card is the way to go, then. Maybe 128MB RAM? Running GeForce4 Ti? :eek: Holy crap. I took a look at Best Buy's prices... VisionTek GeForce4 Ti 4600 (currently top of the line) $329.99! Oh wait. You get a $30.00 mail-in rebate. Hell, sign me up then. Now that it's under $300.00, I can break out my piggy bank. Sweet. Oh, behave. :spank:

Just be sure you download the latest driver if you do get a high end card. I could not play the game on a Ti4600 card until I downloaded the 30.82 driver from Nvidia... and I still get some choppyness, especially indoors and bridge, not nearly as bad as before.... but there is something in the code of those maps that isn't in maps like HQ, which rund Flawlessly, once all maps play like HQ this game will be perfect, already a lot of fun even with the choppyness every once and a while. I think Epic should learn from the AA developers and release the UT2003 Demo now.