C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I just performed a harddisk swap (need more space, plus a shared partition or two in FAT32), and thought it just as well to start over from scratch with Windows, FH included. I've finally gotten it reinstalled, and it plays perfectly well and good--as long as I host my own server. Yet I can't connect to someone else's server, as I'm presented (quite unceremoniously, at that) with an ugly "Map not found" error. Specifically, I was trying to connect to WOLF, and the map was Berlin 1945 (just like the title... spiffy, eh?). Is this a known issue, or did I botch/miss a step somewhere while reinstalling? And yes, everything was installed in proper order.

Flunken

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

14th March 2004

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Sounds like your firewall might be blocking bf.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

it happens when you are loading a map but then the server changes maps while you are still loading another map

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago
striderx2048it happens when you are loading a map but then the server changes maps while you are still loading another map

Hmm... Bocage just loaded fine, so now I'm back down my my usual "Disconnected from server" problem. Crappy, but known. I wonder, though, why I got that same message five or six times on different attempts to connect.