EverclearBoy

Say Uncle..

50 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I can't seem to take off with the BF-110 or the Heinkel from the Storm unless I use my keyboard controls. Any clues?

Komrad_B

Score Monkey

45,850 XP

2nd September 2004

0 Uploads

4,500 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago
EverclearBoyI can't seem to take off with the BF-110 or the Heinkel from the Storm unless I use my keyboard controls. Any clues?

???? ehhh no. The Bf 110 works fine for me..

BUGS]FHMod[

Forgotten Hope Mod Team

50 XP

15th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

It works as any other plane. So if your joystick does well with any other plane he MUST do with these too!

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Yeah that plane just flies like a brick outhouse... Build up some speed then haul back and you'll be fine.

EverclearBoy

Say Uncle..

50 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Dont use a joystick.. dont like them.. always flown with a mouse and have no troubles doing so with all the other planes.. this seems more to be a technical issue.. If the BF-110 and Heinkel both use the IL-2 model as a base that would explain it as I have the same problems with the IL-2 in Vanilla BF, just never bothered to find out what the trouble was since I never used that plane :P There is just no lift when trying to take off with those specific planes only.. I have to ramp it against something to get airborne.. and then once in the air can't make sharp banking turns.. it's gotta be somethin else..

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

The problem is you're trying to use a mouse to fly. Cranking up your mouse sensitivity is the only way you can help the situation, but that will throw you off (initially) when flying a fighter. If you must stick with the mouse for flying, get used to constantly lifting and repositioning the damn thing and try to get the hang of maximum mouse sensitivity.

EverclearBoy

Say Uncle..

50 XP

19th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

That makes no sense though there is no issue like this with all the other planes at my current mouse sensitivity.. Hell I can take off the Junkers just fine.. there is no reason the 110 should be harder then that...

Jagd

{TDB}MajGen.Jagd AA

50 XP

16th March 2004

0 Uploads

720 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Well first of all it's not a BF-110 it's some slow ass HE-something if I recall correctly. And what I am trying to say is it is a very very sluggish plane meaning that you will have to steer the nose up a lot more than with a responsive plane. That means you need more mouse sensitivity (which amplifies each movement of the mouse) or keep physically lifting and moving the mouse so you can constantly be pulling up.

All of that would be unnecessary if you used a joystick. You simply pull back and wait.

MR.X`

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2004

0 Uploads

12,409 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

I can do fine with it, unless I end up in front of a Sturmovik.

IMO, that damn thing should be replaced with a Ju87G1 or Fw190A8...