I can't play the game with my Radeon X1600 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#11 12 years ago

I know this thread is old but I want to post a possible solution because I tried everything else. My system is a MacBook Pro using the Radeon X1600 (Microsoft Vista using BootCamp). The game I was trying to play was elite force. The same error was happing as listed above. I stumbled across something that fixed it immediately: a display parameter. Here is a quick walkthrough if you are having the "GLW_StartOpenGL()" problem. 1) Locate the shortcut to your game. In my case it was "Elite Force" in the startup menu. 2) Right Click on it and go to Properties. 3) Notice the shortcut's target (here is mine - "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\stvoyHM.exe") 4) At the end of the target string add this: +set r_mode 5 (or 6,7,8,ect) 5) The complete string should look like this: "C:\Program Files\Raven\Star Trek Voyager Elite Force\stvoyHM.exe" +set r_mode 7 That's it! Save changes, launch that shortcut and hope it works. If you are still getting the resolution error try another number. Hope this helps someone else trying to play an older game. -C

Apo-TTCC

FH2 Betatester

50 XP

27th October 2005

0 Uploads

716 Posts

0 Threads

#12 12 years ago

Latest release of DirectX 9.0c (June 2008) can be found here: Webupdater Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime or Full Download details: DirectX Redist (June2008)

gomimin

I'm too uncool for titles

50 XP

8th May 2007

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#13 12 years ago

@Simplicisismus

As you didn't state what FH you talking about - BF2 or 1942 - i'll give you the suggestion to play with 1024X768 32Bit 85Hz when running BF2_ FH2.1. I do run on a 1650/512 (not O/ced) with medium details, Dynamic light and shadow are off...

Ati 8.6 Drivers on XP Home SP3, DirectX 9c June 2008...chipset is Nvidia Nforce4 with latest drivers (so an old one too(, AMD64 X2 3800+@2.4Ghz, 2GB DDR 333@400,2,5T1...

@Nermil This is not a game running OpenGL Graphics Engine but DirectX Engine ;-)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#14 12 years ago

hi,

a few weeks ago, i removed my ati 8.4 and installed the latest version, 8.7 - the result is, that my whole system ist slow slow slow... so i went back to the 8.4. i still can't play fh (not the second edition, for bf1942) if their is much action on the screen (slow downs... 3-6 fps), but i can work with my system.

so, no solution yet for my problem.

my system: P4 with 2.6 GHz, 1 GB RAM, RADEON X 1600...