I bought a new headset yesterday in order to be able to talk to other people online. When I do the Windows XP hardware test, everything works fine, but when I want to tweak it by using the BF2VoiceSetup.exe it doesn't register any sound.
What am I doing wrong?
Is it USB or normal, XP or Vista? Ive heard that some people have a problem with the USB and/or Vista.
It is normal and XP (I did the Windows XP hardware test).
How about a proper
You mean of BF2? I just did that a few days ago to get rid of the shaders problem. I don't think I'd need to do that again on such a short notice.
Ingame it is working properly, I just went online to test the mic and unless Capt. Pyjama Shark lied to me, it sounded good enough.
In the test app I still get nothing, though.
Can anyone tell me what the microphone threshold is? Is it the point up to which you can speak without distortion? And if so, why would you put the slider up (what are the advantages of that?).
I use an USB headset and sometimes it does work while configurating in BF2 and sometimes not. Depends on the install. Though I never use it with the ingame BF2 system. I believe it works. Got no problems on Vent.
Herr Ober, die Rechnung bitte
20th October 2007
Mine is fucked up either. I don't know for sure, but I guess it's about my soundcard, as I have issues in Source games, like L4D, either. My mic works, but through the ingame voice, there is nothing but utter static. I could solve this through putting the mic output to the minimum in L4D, but I couldn't confirm such a success in FH2. Plus, I am usually in TS2 while playing, and if I put the volume down that far, nobody can understand a word I say there.