Heroism

Um...Something smart and funny

50 XP

8th February 2003

0 Uploads

124 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Ok i have the Battlefield Anthology pack and I installled Bf1942 and stuff. I installed the 1.6 and then the 1.61 patch. Then I installed FH .7. When I go into game when i look for servers i press update then the game freezes and i cannot close it so i have to shut down my computer. what is wrong. My computer is a brand new gaming pc.

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

First if you have Battlefield 1942 Anthology you don't have to install patch 1.6 as the game in this edition is already updated to 1.6. The only patch you need to install is the 1.61b incremental patch. After this you have to install all three FH 0.7 files in order 1 -> 2 -> 3. After this your FH has to work.

[21Pz]Stauffenberg

the Wishmaster

50 XP

29th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,040 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

This sort of freezing happens to me when i accidentaly click "update" while not beeing connected to the internet. Then i have to wait a long time and in most cases it will "wake up" again, but in some it wont. Maybe its a problem with your firewall blocking battlefield?

Omni

FH mod team member

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

423 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

yes, it's the firewall. I had the same thing. Eventhough I was connected to internet, the game froze, and un-froze after about 10 min, but without showing any servers. In my case it was probably the firewall in my LAN router. What I did was shut it down for about a min (so that it could reset its buffer), then start it again. Then run Bf and check whether everything is working ok. If not - check your firewall settings or do the 'router dance' again (sometimes I needed to swith it off/on about 10 times ;) )