Arisaka

Staff suffers from PCD

50 XP

16th August 2004

0 Uploads

1,495 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

it's in for a lag overhaul. the trenches were made up from too many objects, causing lag. hope we'll see it again, i too have fond memories of that map.

Von Mudra

Lo, I am Mudra, za emo soldat!

50 XP

25th September 2004

0 Uploads

7,064 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

I never lagged on that map, not once. It was, by far, the best map in the mod for simple chaos, all out war, and such.

SymZ

Someone set us up the bomb

50 XP

9th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,148 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I also never got too much lag from that map either. I miss it at times too, man that was a tough map for the ruskies, total mess at times.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Well for me it was laggy when played with around 32 players or more. But then again, my computer's specs aren't exactly of this age.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

there are even laggier maps in Fh now..

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

I'm very sure of that, but before that, mine was peaking.

SymZ

Someone set us up the bomb

50 XP

9th September 2004

0 Uploads

1,148 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing those maps on the site in your sig. More custom maps I say, seems like the Community map pack has died somewhere, barely am I seeing Otolikos maps these days, but I do know there are a few servers playing a mix, with the odd map from a map pack mixed in so that's cool, it's a start.

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

Ah yes, I gave up on mapping. Although it has been enjoyable to create them, a few months ago I came to the conclusion that if offers me no future. There aren't many vacancies for mappers. I know you could do it as a hobby, but I now prefer to put my time into something similar interesting, yet offering high chances of evolving to proffessional working ways (basically the ability to help your carreer with your hobby).

The only skills it could bring you are experience with Photoshop, but quickly peaks and ends since these goals are easily reached, and the most valuable one would be 3dsmax skills. However, you can't put as much time into modeling and mapping at the same time, so you'll have to stick with one item, not to mention that it will take years to be able to work fluently with 3dsmax. Then there are the tools. Everytime a new game comes out, there are different new tools, and you'll start from scratch.