Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello, Im am currently making a map called "Breakout 1940". The reason I post this post is because I have some questions which I would like debated. My map is more about tactics than another else, so heres what I wanta to ask you players,

Would the Following Be Fun Or Annoying. Summery Of Breakout 1940. Set in 1940 on the beglium border the a German Fallschirmajer Division faces a Division of the BEF. There a river & all the bridges have been blown by the BEF. However the a Fallschirmjager Division is on hand to help out, You must launch a Air Attack on any of the 3 villages in the area of the river, If you capture the town in the north a Pontoon bridge will spawn there thus allowing the germans to breakout. The map is designed to end with heavy fighting at a fort used by the British. I will be making the Villages look as nature at possible. Some Feedback Please.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Your sig is to big...

Pvt. Ryan

Rofl

50 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

absolutly NO armor, that ruins infantry assualt maps. more AA would be better

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Well thats the thing, Its a big map, The villages are very disigned & are unfriendly to tanks but nobody has answered my question.

GunsOfBrixton29

[8th] Col. Brixton

50 XP

23rd May 2004

0 Uploads

760 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I think it would be fun. Nice idea!

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Well.. maybe you can draw a layout or anything.. not sure what I would be looking at. But the idea sounds good to me. Personally the "mission" is not really of interest to me, moreover looks and gameplay.

Pvt. Ryan

Rofl

50 XP

10th November 2004

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

yea we could help more if we saw a layout

bbble

Don't mess with my Teddy!

50 XP

30th September 2004

0 Uploads

357 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

1. I would love to see more early war maps and this one is welcome 2. The idea of initially destroyed bridges is HUGE! That's very much how it would be. In a defensive retreat they would have gone through every effort possible to blow every bridge apart a loong time before the enemy even sees the bridge. 3. The idea of spawning a pontoon bridge is BRILLIANT! 4. Of course there should be armour, this is the blitzkrieg, it would be impossible without tanks. 5. Anti tank capabilities should be limited to field guns, AT rifles, satchels and maybe mines + opposing force armour. No Piat or PzF I think would be cool 6. If this is a huge map and your villages are far apart and we have the paratroopers, tanks, river and the map name Breakout suggest that your idea is an early war counterpiece to Breakthrough. NICE! If you have the determination to pull this through and do it with style it would be awesome!

Admiral Donutz Advanced Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I have to go with rudolf and heinkel. Your ideas sound pretty sweet, a layout of your map would ne nice though (rough terrain layout, flag and troop positions plus other important things).

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I drew a map & its looks shit, Basically guys before this I use to help mappers fact in player habits & unit balances, Scared Lizard will tell you that. The map will be belanced but it wont be that horrorible kind of balance some maps seem to have, I belivce in more complex balance & one that forces teamwork & teamplay, Ie the reason why the german are fucked when it comes to the British Tanks, However effect use of the Stuka will save the German Forces, Air Supiority is granted to the Axis however the Allies have the towns & thr forests. Basically the map will be like tobruk but a lot bigger I suppose, Dont worry I hardly ever disappoint, However this is my 1st map :P & I know King Rudlof will tell me if its shit. Instead of a Picture I will decribe the map. BullshitMap.jpg Green Outlined Areas Are Forests, Cyan Outlined Area Is Farmland Orange Outline is Fort Premitter Green Lines are the detroyed Bridges Black Lines are the Pontoon Bridges Blue lines are the rivers limits, The open areas will be field & stuff like that, I will try hedge row it all. This Map too me 5 minutes, The maps not dont but this I suppose would be the basic Idea. Map Extra Freatures Locked Vehicles, Certain Flags Have Required Flags, Ie to stop Stuka Bailors. If you want to chat with me Live about your ideas you can contact me at [email="nurenig@hotmail.com"]nurenig@hotmail.com[/email] I have MSN. Chat with you there if you wish.