Placing vehicles and buildings with Battlecraft 1942 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Hi!I have two questions: 1.How many objects can be placed on a map with Battlecraft 1942(approaching number)? 2.How can be placed the vehicles and the buildings after a map was created?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

Damn I knew the max amout of statics battlecraft allowed. Now I forget.

However, its simply not enough for an FH map, generally speaking. I believe its around 3,000 limitation. Sounds like a lot, but its really so very little.

As for placing vehicles/buildings. Just read the tutorial for Battlecraft. Its really easy.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 10 years ago

Ok,but...there are another problems.The teams in this editor are:US,British,Germans,Russians,and Japanese.The editor see only the Battlefield 1942 countries,vehicles library... .How can I make it to see the teams,the vehicles library and the buildings for FH?And finally:After I install this editor,I receive two questions: 1.The mod name(I wrote FH) 2.Below the game path,the objects list("bf 1942.lst","dc.lst","GCMOD.lst") appears.What should I choose for FH mapping?

azreal

FH2 Betatester

50 XP

15th July 2006

0 Uploads

809 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

well you'd have to dl the FH files but barely anybody maps for FH1 anymore and hell if I know where to find them anymore.

If you really wanna map FH1 the only suggestion I can give you is to look up a program called Editor42. It is much easier to use once you get the hang of it, has unlimited object count, and is much easier to use with other mods.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 10 years ago

Yea, like death said, use Editor42. I used to have the FH .lst and .cfg files (both files are required for mapping with FH1 in Battlecraft 42). However I no longer have them. Plus, to avoid messing up Fh1 and all Battlefield 1942 related things on your PC when using Battlecraft 42, you need to copy the Battefield 1942 directory. After copying you need to path the FH files. To be honest I really don't remember the names of the right folders to use, and how to exactly do it.

All in all, Battlecraft 42 is harder to use then Editor42. Editor42 takes longer to learn, but in the end is worth it.

Natty Wallo

FH2 LevelDesigner

50 XP

16th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,652 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

2048 is the max limit of objects (statics + vehicles + kits) that BC can place

1024 is the max limit of objects that BC can display to you from the .lst file.

Battlefield 1942 doesnt have a limit on how many objects a map can have. (I've made maps with over 30.000)

This means you need to manually create a list of the 1024 statics (including all vehicles and kits you want to use) that you want to use... FH + bf1942 together is more than 5000 objects..

Editor 42 is what you need... or move to FH2.

Toddel

FH2 Developer

50 XP

29th June 2006

0 Uploads

88 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

btw Who is the Autor of Editor 42?

Knoffhoff

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

708 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

Frederick "Coincoin" Taillon :bows:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 10 years ago

Does he map for any mod teams or?

Natty Wallo

FH2 LevelDesigner

50 XP

16th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,652 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

haha no... this was back in 2003, he hasn't been involved in the battlefield modding scene since then.. I dont know what he does now or where he works... but he made one of the best fractal texture editors known to man!