pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I finally decided to give some more info about my map called: The attack on Carentan-1944. Some people may remember info scathered through many posts, but I'll write it again. The map is based around the events from 10 and 11 June 1944 in Normandy near the causeway N13 to Carentan. On the 10.06. 502nd PIR (101st airbirne division) got order to move to Carentan by the mentioned road. Main problem was that Germans loced some kind of bridge-dam in La Barquette on Douve River and flooded areas sorrounding making the causeway only possible road. During the battle 3rd batalion lead by lieutenant colonel Robert Cole was first in advance. At the end of the first day they stopped under heavy fire comeing from hedgerows near a farm located to the right from the road where the solid ground was beginning. On next day each batalion attacked in different direction, 3rd batalion was still under fire takeing casulties. Cole in this hopeless situation decided to charge across the field and take the Ingouf Farm. He raised from behind the embankment ordering his men to put byonets on their weapons and follow him. Firstly only few soldiers run onto field behind him, but then more and more started to do so. Soon after this they took the farmhouse but with enormous casulties. One of companies was reduced to 14 (!!!) men! After this Cole set up CP in farm and sent some patrools to destroy remaining german forces and take out their mortars located in nearby orchards. During one of these actions captain Summers (the soldier who have almost single handly destroyed german platoon occupying point "WXYZ") was killed. For his action Cole recived Congressional Medal of Honor (there were only two these medals awarded in 101st). He died in Holland during Operation Market-Garden killed by sniper. Here are websites about Cole: http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/citations_1940_wwii/cole_robert.html http://ameddregiment.amedd.army.mil/fshmuse/cole.htm My map combines actions that took place during these two days near this causeway. This map is a push map and Germans can't recap flags 1 and 2. Next important thing is that it's a realism map, tough it's not soo accurate as Großadmiral Dönitz's Battle of Arnhem. My map features realistic distances, got every hedgerow, fence, road, all rivers and canals and flooded areas in the place where they realy were, even most of trees and bushes can bee seen on the old photos. Buildings are also on their real places but are normal FH models, there are no custom buildings. There are more historical accurate things that can be discovered while playing. I'll post some screens and compartions to original photos now (note that bf1942 water high distance LOD makes a world of difference compareing to the closer look), tomorrow maybe I'll upload whole (70 MB in BMP) pack of photos and maps (minimap by Mr_Cheese). I submited this map for FH official map pack tough I cAn't tell if it'll be chosen. If anyone will have any questions feel free to ask, I'll anwser all of them.:naughty:

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Here are more attached screens.:)

bizness

FH Dev

50 XP

22nd October 2004

0 Uploads

543 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Looks very nice. I like the detail compared with the real photos. If you need co-op support, I can help :naughty: :deal:

Mr_Cheese

FH Dev

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,997 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Yeah! Bizness does great co-op! Go for it!

bizness

FH Dev

50 XP

22nd October 2004

0 Uploads

543 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
Mr_CheeseYeah! Bizness does great co-op! Go for it!

:) Thanks :cheers:

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Thanks for replys, as for co-op we'll talk through MSN.

Braun

www.the8tharmy.com

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

2,913 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

looking sexy, can I plau it !

pvt. Allen

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th July 2005

0 Uploads

5,654 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
Braunlooking sexy, can I plau it !

Not yet, as I've mentioned before I submited it for official FH map pack, tough I'm not sure if it'll get into final pack... Anyway, map is about 95% complete, still needs terrain and object shadows. Beside that nothing big so it's almost ready.:D

Braun

www.the8tharmy.com

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

2,913 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

yay, hopefully our server can pop it in the rotation when it comes out.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 12 years ago

dam its still looking as hot as befor!!