H2HSnake

For Your freedom and Ours

50 XP

5th June 2003

0 Uploads

765 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

62 years ago at 10:30 a Polish flag waved on Monte Cassino Monastery.(fight didn't ended in this point,there were more hills to conquer,Polish flag raised over Monte Cairo (the highest one)aswell what pissed off germans even more but they couldn't do much just shell the area with some mortars.Damn Piedimonte town,then Apenines ,Ancona, Bologna.) However it's great day for us Poles to remember but many Poles don't care about this,50 years of communism did its job well.My dream is to go to Italy and visit Polish Cemetary on Monte Cassino,but truth is it's hard to get money for such trip so I'll have to wait for an occasion.I'll put the flowers there, and sing in my mind a song that was written the same day that Polish flag raised over the top of monastery and it goes like this:

Red Poppies on Monte Cassino D`you see those ruins on the hill-top? There your foe hides like a rat! You must, you must, you must Grab his neck and cast him from the clouds! And they went, heedless of danger And they went, to kill and avenge And they went stubborn as ever, As always - for honor - to fight. Refrain: Red poppies on Monte Cassino Instead of dew, drank Polish blood. As the soldier crushed them in falling, For the anger was more potent than death. Years will pass and ages will roll, But traces of bygone days will stay, And the poppies on Monte Cassino Will be redder having quaffed Polish blood. They charged through fire like madmen, Countless were hit and fell, Like the cavalry at Samosierra, Like the men at Rokitno years ago. They attacked with fury and fire, And they got there. They climbed to the top, And their white and scarlet standard They placed on the ruins `midst clouds. Refrain: Red poppies on Monte Cassino .... D`you see this row of white crosses? Polish soldiers did honor there wed. The further you go, the higher, The more of such crosses youl'l meet. This soil was won for Poland, Though Poland is far away, For Freedom is measured in crosses When history from justice does stray. Refrain: Red Poppies on Monte Cassino...

[21Pz]Stauffenberg

the Wishmaster

50 XP

29th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,040 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Seems like a lot of "Hurray we kicked the germans parties" are going on atm... :uhoh: We overran your whole country, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of it, far from it.

H2HSnake

50 XP

5th June 2003

0 Uploads

765 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

'[21PzStauffenberg']Seems like a lot of "Hurray we kicked the germans parties" are going on atm... :uhoh: We overran your whole country, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not proud of it, far from it.

Yup You overrunned my small country in 1939 and it was not easy ,4 weeks,for such great and big German army its rather bad score, and for the next 5 years of the war Polish army was kicking german/nazi butts on all fronts barely loosing any battle ;) not mentioning Poland itself.But it's not another "vs" thread.It's rememberance thread.Hail to them all.

[21Pz]Stauffenberg

the Wishmaster

50 XP

29th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,040 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
H2HSnakeYup You overrunned my small country in 1939 and it was not easy ,4 weeks,for such great and big German army its rather bad score, and for the next 5 years of the war Polish army was kicking german/nazi butts on all fronts barely loosing any battle ;) not mentioning Poland itself.But it's not another "vs" thread.It's rememberance thread.Hail to them all.

Yea, let's think of the Polish and the Germans, now united in Friendship in Europe!!! Cheers! :beer:

stylie

Mas stylie por favor...

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

5,004 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Good one, keep remembering this and you will be there. Out of curiosity isnt that a Lebanese flag in your sig?

Lebanese-Flag.png

oscar989

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,621 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

No, its obvviously not. Proabaly a Polsih unit patch.

[21Pz]Stauffenberg

the Wishmaster

50 XP

29th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,040 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
oscar989No, its obvviously not. Proabaly a Polsih unit patch.

v.0.8???

well i know what you mean :D

H2HSnake

50 XP

5th June 2003

0 Uploads

765 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
'[21PzStauffenberg']Yea, let's think of the Polish and the Germans, now united in Friendship in Europe!!! Cheers! :beer:

Cheers! i got some good german friends :) from Muenster :)

as for my sig

it's a patch from Independant Carpathian Rifles Brigade operatin in North Africa 1941 - Tobruk/Ghazala/Bardia all V. then transformed into 3 Carpathian Rifles Division being part of the 2nd Polish Corps in Italian Campagin.So some of the guys in these units was fighting for 5 years!.They was fighting in September Campagin then some of them in France,North Africa and in Italy Campagin.Many veterans of Tobruk and Ghazala died on Monte Cassino.All of them lost their fatherland when Allies gave Poland to Stalin.

http://www.kki.krakow.pl/piojar/brygad/brygad/formow/formow_e.html http://www.kki.krakow.pl/piojar/brygad/brygad/palestyn/palestyn_e.html http://www.kki.krakow.pl/piojar/brygad/brygad/tobruk/tobruk_e.html http://www.kki.krakow.pl/piojar/brygad/brygad/cyren/cyren_e.html

[21Pz]Stauffenberg

the Wishmaster

50 XP

29th April 2005

0 Uploads

2,040 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

I have Polish friends around Warshaw

AussieZaitsev

Revenge was here.

50 XP