Blame Canada

For Queen And Country!!!

50 XP

2nd March 2005

0 Uploads

87 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I hope this is not against the forum rules, if it is then please tell an admin to delete this post.

I'm leading a mod for the game 1944: D-Day called "1941: Crete - Operation Mercury" which as the name might give away is about the German invasion of Crete 1941.

Description: The game will be a FPS and will include ALL of Crete in one big map along with surounding sea areas. The map will be made as historically correct as possible based on intensive research (aireal photographcs and topographical maps will be our main sources). Then the map will be populated with local Cretans and wildlife and of course the military units that took part in the battle. We will strive to go for as much realism as possible based on the engines and tools that are provided for us in the original game (not yet released). The mod will put the player in charge of any unit he chose to which was part of the battle, be it German fallschirmjägers, Australian engineers, Cretan civilians taking up arms against the invading Germans, British sailors trying to stop any German attempts of seaborne invasion, etc, etc.

What we need: As the mod is currently in it's early phases we are in need of a lot of help. Even though Frantic Games (developers of the original 1944: D-Day game) has promised us intensive help once 1944: D-day is ready for release we still believe that we should do as much as possible ourself in order to let them focus on the original game and any patches/ad-ons that would be needed for it. We therefore need:

Researchers Weapon Modellers Vehicle Modellers Props Modellers Building Modellers General Mappers Animators Texture Artists Programmers

(Please provide information and links to sample work.)

All aplications should be PM'ed to me

For more information please feel free to check out our forum: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Operation_Mercury/index.php? Or our 1944: D-day forum thread: http://www.1944d-day.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2952 (A homepage is in development, but our designer's PC blew up, honestly it's true!)

Mr_Cheese

FH Dev

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,997 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

That would be amazing if you can pull it off! I would offer my services but I'm afraid I'm already spoken for ;) Good luck!

Knoffhoff

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

708 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Sounds nice, but do you really think it is a good idea to start a mod for a game that no one knows when it will be finished and it even isn't sure which engine it will use yet?

Blame Canada

For Queen And Country!!!

50 XP

2nd March 2005

0 Uploads

87 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
knoffhoff;3290828Sounds nice, but do you really think it is a good idea to start a mod for a game that no one knows when it will be finished and it even isn't sure which engine it will use yet?

I can't say whether it's a good idea yet, time will tell.

This mod actually started out as research for a potential sequel to the original game, but turned into a mod instead. Frantic Games (the developers of 1944) has promised us a lot of help as soon as they finnish the original game (which will use the Ogre engine as far as I'm updated). We will have acces to a lot of their stuff even before release which should help us underway.