1944 D-Day:Operation Overlord -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

This is a new game i came across when i was searching for mods for bf1942 and i gotta say fh is the best one out there. But this game is pretty unique cause the map is so huge about 160 km and they are stating that the graphics will be as good as half life 2. There will be 250 000 ai controlled bots. The game also features almost all the vehicles used on dday and well see for yourself what the game offers. The multiplayer is suppose to have 128+ ppl which is a pretty bold move. There are 2 mods coming out in september for hl2 and bf2 as a teaser to the real game and the real game is still early in development. But yea this game is suppose to be a simulation to the max. So umm check it out and read the faqs for more info

http://www.1944game.com/

stylie

Mas stylie por favor...

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

5,004 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Its been discussed before. Everyone seems to be looking forward to this. I cant wait to see how it can run with all of that.

LOZZY

Whitty user title pending...

50 XP

19th April 2006

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

*orders more ram*

Johannes

France's Bitch

50 XP

13th December 2004

0 Uploads

943 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

...Ouistreham...*drools* I claim Kieffer. You can all have anyone else, but Kieffer is MY in-game personna :D.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Seeing is believing. I have my doubts though.

Knoffhoff

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

708 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Those guys seem to feel pretty self confident. I looked at their site a couple of months ago and I couldn't find any evidence that they are really capable of doing what they want to achieve. One thing I noticed is that most of the models they use are for sale on the web. I don't know if they bought them or if they sell them. Either way it doesn't make more attracted to the mod (trying to stay fair).

SacredLizard

Its cupnoodles not cuponoodles

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

918 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Well, I can't imagine how this could possibly be done. I was looking over their FAQ, and it is amazing, some of the things that they say they are doing/going to do. I guess if they can pull off any of the things they want to do, I would love to try it out... but god, it seems ludicrus.

stylie

Mas stylie por favor...

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

5,004 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
SacredLizardWell, I can't imagine how this could possibly be done. I was looking over their FAQ, and it is amazing, some of the things that they say they are doing/going to do. I guess if they can pull off any of the things they want to do, I would love to try it out... but god, it seems ludicrus.

Well I dont know about that. But you could be right. A few more screenies would help. Not nearly as good as this though! http://www.projectoffset.com/

SacredLizard

Its cupnoodles not cuponoodles

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

918 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Yeah, I was thinking about it, and a real problem I came upon was this: What are they really doing? There is a whole thread where the Mod "Leader" admonishes the whole community for "pimping" overlord (ie: promoting on other web forums, etc. *ahem, *ahem) and explains the repremands by saying that they do not believe in hype, and so on... but why no shots for us to feast on, no proof to back up their claims... I guess that there are none...? So if there are none, that means that they are still in alpha? or pre-alpha, still deeply entrenched in their engine; still working out that code... which begs the question, if you don't believe in hype, why go public with nothing more than a HUGE promise and grand aspirations... ? It seems like a whole bunch of ...hype?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 12 years ago

when it comes to graphics i m sure thre team can pull it off cause theyre using the reality engine but the thing that i m really doubtful about is the ai that this game is goin to pull off 250000 units? that is a major accomplishment