1944 D-Day Operation Overlord -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

I was searching the internet and i came over this: 1944 D-DAY : Operation Overlord . 1944 D-Day Operation Overlord is the simulation of an event. It does not strive to tell the story of one unit or one squad. Instead it endeavors to tell the story of the battle. The game at its core is driven by a highly adaptable AI system, this AI system controls over 250,000 units in real-time. Moving them all around the battlefield and adapting their orders, objectives and tasks to an every evolving battlefield. As the player the game is in your control. You have the ability to choose from any unit in the battlefield, so you will always find something interesting to take part in. If you are a war nut, fan of tanks, planes, infantry or squad based combat, or just interested in large scale first person shooters. 1944 D-Day Operation Overlord will always have something distinct and interesting to offer you. Some Important things to note about 1944 D-Day Operation Overlord:

• Realistic Squad tactics based on actual military training guides.
  • 100% Authentic
  • With over 50 WW2 weapons
  • With over 200 vehicles, planes, tanks, boats and artillery
  • All of Normandy recreated from photos, maps and drawings
  • Realistic controls and accurate simulation.
Every Unit, Every Nation. Germany UK US Canada Australia New Zealand And many more Realistic AI controlling every aspect of the game. The AI controls the emotions and feelings of every unit Coordinates realistic tactics and movements Manages over 250,000 units real-time. Large open dynamic maps, that live and breath alongside the combat. Animals that react to the combat Grass and trees that flow with the wind Buildings and terrain that take realistic damage 24 Hour clock, watch the sun rise as the battles continue Witness all areas of combat, from any number of perspectives. Omaha Beach Utah Beach Sword Beach Juno Beach Gold Beach Point Du Hoc Bayeux region Caen Benouville St Mere Eglise Carentan And many other areas full realised Large Open Multiplayer and Co-Op system for 128+ players.The game is not done yet and it will not be free, but after what i have red, it looks good. Any comments?

Biiviz

Eggs!

50 XP

29th February 2004

0 Uploads

3,168 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

It looks good, I agree, but it'll be several years until it's released...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

Thats the dumb thing..but im looking forward to it :)

Hawk_345

BF-Korea beta tester

50 XP

23rd April 2006

0 Uploads

1,407 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

ive known about this for a long time, but it will be a very long time before its even remotly ready for a release.

The Last Unknown Soldier

Never mess with a drunken Kiwi

50 XP

3rd January 2007

0 Uploads

796 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

from the quality of the work, it will sure as hell be worth the wait

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 11 years ago
The Last Unknown Soldier;4001794from the quality of the work, it will sure as hell be worth the wait

Yep, i have a feeling this is going to be one of the most realistic WW2 game ever made ;) But FH2 comes on a second place :)

The Last Unknown Soldier

Never mess with a drunken Kiwi

50 XP

3rd January 2007

0 Uploads

796 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

FH2 would only come in 2nd because this guy is building the whole game, engine and all from scratch, while FH2 uses the BF2 engine. but hey, im ok with us using a engine, because making the engine is probably taking forever.

Natty Wallo

FH2 LevelDesigner

50 XP

16th December 2005

0 Uploads

1,652 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

All, or at least more than half the maps will surely be out for FH2 before this game is released...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 11 years ago

Well, i wont stop playing FH2 when this game comes out..

jumjum

Write heavy; write hard.

50 XP

11th April 2005

0 Uploads

6,827 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

Kinda hard to know much about it. What do they mean by "unit"? A squad? Do you have 250,000 choices of unit? Is it a fps, a 3rd person shooter or real-time strategy? Is it possible to control different sized units; i.e., a battalion instead of a squad?